Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: text msgs not sending / Emergency calls only

Geesh

"Yikes" does not sound good.

Why would this happen all of a sudden

Can a moderator fix it if its blacklisted?

Phone was not refurbished.

Mayor / Maire

@HL1979 wrote:

Can a moderator fix it if its blacklisted?

Phone was not refurbished.

@HL1979  No.

Mayor / Maire

@HL1979 wrote:

Geesh

"Yikes" does not sound good.

Why would this happen all of a sudden

Dunno. If it was from a year ago then one would think that if any company or person wanted to do that to you, they would have done it by now.

Maybe it was returned. Was it new in the box sealed and everything? You paid for it outright? Not on one of those free phone things where you have to commit to a time period?

Mayor / Maire

Don't give up just yet, call Telus tomorrow and ask them why the phone was blacklisted. I have heard of people who have got their phones unblacklisted because the carrier incorrectly blacklisted the phone.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HL1979  A year I a very long time for it to show up but it could be an IMEI mistake. Getting the moderators on it is probably the best option...you could call telus to see if they can shed any light on it since they were your old provider and have a call centre that's still open....tech support might help you. Was it a refurbished  phone? A new one would only lead to telus being the culprit unless you bought it "open box" and it was switched. Does your IMEI match the one on the box? Have you made an insurance claim on the phone?

Lol! Wishful thinking I guess...my bf and I are on the outs right now so your not the only one not getting any tonight!

LOL.....my ex is a nut....she would do it to me.....and now that you say that I suspect that.....she would have access to my account.  I will call telus tomorrow. 

Darlicious you live in SW ontario....I'm single and looking lol

Thank you so much to everyone for you help.  Its really appreciated!

Mayor / Maire

@HL1979 wrote:

LOL.....my ex is a nut....she would do it to me.....and now that you say that I suspect that.....she would have access to my account.  I will call telus tomorrow. 

Darlicious you live in SW ontario....I'm single and looking lol

Thank you so much to everyone for you help.  Its really appreciated!

I'd like an invite to the wedding, lol.

Hahha you can be in the wedding party!!!  Open bar? 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm not 100% sure on how IMEI blacklisting works, but if "lost or stolen phone" is turned on Public Mobile's self-serve would that report the phone's IMEI as "stolen" to the database?