cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: text msgs not sending / Emergency calls only

So i tried that one link.....

went to airplane mode off and on....no change

tried to manually select network provider said no service when I selected Public Mobile

tried the *#*#4636#*#* and said no service provider so can;t run ping test

tried the *#06# and IMEI # came up and put that # in where other guy said to check Samsung J1 and that # is coming up as lost/stolen.  Weird since I have always had this phone and just suddenly stopped working today. ( but this was after I suspended and reinstated service)

Guess I need a moderator?  and yes I have submitted a ticket....do they email me or what? 

Thanks everyone for your attempts and ideas, its appreciated but wtf, was trying to message a woman friend tonight

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HL1979  Where are you? Have you moved anywhere since this issue arose? Sounds like from the no pm on your phone and the sending circle of death is you have no cell connection to a tower. No signal. Maybe there's an outage in your area. Have you tried going somewhere you know will have Service?

Mayor / Maire

@HL1979 wrote:

So i tried that one link.....

went to airplane mode off and on....no change

tried to manually select network provider said no service when I selected Public Mobile

tried the *#*#4636#*#* and said no service provider so can;t run ping test

tried the *#06# and IMEI # came up and put that # in where other guy said to check Samsung J1 and that # is coming up as lost/stolen.  Weird since I have always had this phone and just suddenly stopped working today. ( but this was after I suspended and reinstated service)

Guess I need a moderator?  and yes I have submitted a ticket....do they email me or what? 

Thanks everyone for your attempts and ideas, its appreciated but wtf, was trying to message a woman friend tonight

The little envelope in the upper right area will have a blob over it indicating you have a message. By default you would get an email too. Don't answer the email. Come back here and click on the envelope then click on the subject line to read the whole message.

Did you check devicecheck.ca as well?

Do you still owe money to Telus?

Bars all show up full. 

I know where the tower is, its close and I can see if from my front door. 

Have not moved. 

Something had to happen today with the IMEI

I will mention this as well.....when I set up the # on the Public Mobile site i started to immediately get texts from some stranger and asked them to remove me from there contact list,,,,came from a couple different people so not sure if it would have something to do with the old phone # or what, 

@chuck_grady @cellphoneuser1 @geopublic @z10user4  lost /stolen trick definitely prevents your rewards from being applied. Two months in a row on the bf' s phone...once fixing his calls going to voicemail, next month when he actually lost his phone and yay had to use it again when he thought he lost my back up phone...thankfully he found it in the couch.

@HL1979  Now you have an excuse to show up at your lady friends door....or the coffee shop around the corner. You had to go find a signal for your phone and look where you found one! No booty call necessary. If you still don't have a signal you can borrow her phone to test your SIM.

No money owed to Telus it was PAYG

Just checked that devicecheck.ca and it is coming up as LOSTSTOLEN on national database....how can that be....have had phone for over a yr and bought at walmart last christmas. 

Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@chuck_grady @cellphoneuser1 @geopublic @z10user4  lost /stolen trick definitely prevents your rewards from being applied. Two months in a row on the bf' s phone...once fixing his calls going to voicemail, next month when he actually lost his phone and yay had to use it again when he thought he lost my back up phone...thankfully he found it in the couch.

Thanks for the further corroboration.

Mayor / Maire

@HL1979 wrote:

Just checked that devicecheck.ca and it is coming up as LOSTSTOLEN on national database....how can that be....have had phone for over a yr and bought at walmart last christmas. 

So there's the problem. Yikes.

Hopefully the moderators can straighten that out.

@Moderator_Team ... what the heck.

Lol no I can't don't know the address....I need to text her to get it!!! hahah

@HL1979 wrote:

@HL1979  Aha...did you buy a refurbished phone? Hopefully on your credit card and you still have the receipt. Most refurbished phones come with a one year warranty. Get on it tomorrow and maybe you can score a black friday new phone deal.