cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: text msgs not sending / Emergency calls only

@HL1979 wrote:

Thanks for the tips I have contacted Simon and ordered a ticket prior to coming on here but was hoping someone else had an answer as it looks like it may take some time to get a response due to day/time. 

Maybe the SIM has become dislodged. Maybe try cleaning the contacts of the SIM.

Did you check the devicecheck.ca or the checker down from the Get Started link up top?

Mayor / Maire

@HL1979 

Check you minutes usage line on your overview page after login.

I have a $15 plan too.  If you don't see the minutes usage line, you used all 100 outgoing minutes for your current cycle.  I have used 3 minutes this cycle.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
    3  /  100 MIN
    1GB Promo
    102.004  /  1024 MB
    250 MB at 3G speed
    131.146  /  250 MB

Since your $15 plan has unlimited incoming minutes, can you receiving any calls?

Are you using an iPhone?

If yes, you need to configure your iMessage app to send out text using regular cellphone text channel.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@popping No minutes left wouldn't cause emergency calls only. Being out of minutes would cause an an error message read out loud when a call is attempted.

Mayor / Maire

@HL1979 wrote:

Its a samsung J1 been using it all week. 

I do not have another phone to try the sim card in 

Was it bought new?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes phone was bought new from Walmart last christmas by me.  Was on Telus previously but that stopped in June, just set this up last weekend with public. 

Just checked and phone is compatible.  Rechecked SIM again and all is good. Made sure all apps are updated. 

Checked account and all is good 0 talk minutes used and only 1.54mb of date used of 250mb.  Account says everything active. 

Bars on network are all full but still says emergency calls only and "sending" with rotating circle on my messanger. 

Mayor / Maire

@HL1979 wrote:

Yes phone was bought new from Walmart last christmas by me.  Was on Telus previously but that stopped in June, just set this up last weekend with public. 

Just checked and phone is compatible.  Rechecked SIM again and all is good. Made sure all apps are updated. 

Checked account and all is good 0 talk minutes used and only 1.54mb of date used of 250mb.  Account says everything active. 

Bars on network are all full but still says emergency calls only and "sending" with rotating circle on my messanger. 

It is time to test your PM SIM card on another working unlocked phone to eliminate the possiblity of hardware issue. As the same time, put a good working SIM card in your phone to test.

Mayor / Maire

@HL1979 

Try a manual payment of $1 into your Available Funds and then restart the phone.

Another thing to try which allegedly loses rewards for the next payment though I'm still not entirely clear on the impacts involved and whether they actually happen or whether they're a myth...
The lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Mayor / Maire

@HL1979 This is a tough one. Please let us know how things go. It is likely going to be an interesting resolution.

Anything here that might help:

https://www.technobezz.com/fix-samsung-galaxy-service/

Mayor / Maire

Not a myth. The lost stolen trick does cause rewards to not be applied. In my case rewards have been messed up for two renewals and counting. The only way to fix is by moderator intervention. Avoid this method!

Mayor / Maire

@geopublic wrote:

Not a myth. The lost stolen trick does cause rewards to not be applied. In my case rewards have been messed up for two renewals and counting. The only way to fix is by moderator intervention. Avoid this method!

Thanks for the update. Had you been doing the lost/stolen procedure? Is this first hand experience?