cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text msgs not sending / Emergency calls only

HL1979
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got a SIM card and phone number last Saturday...been texting fine all week and this morning.  This afternoon texts not sending, and says "emergency call only" where previosly said "public mobile" thought all bars are there for network.  Acct is all paid up on $15 plan.  I selected a phone # from public when activated sim card. 

Restarted phone....nothing

Powered down and removed Sim and reinstatlled....nothing. 

Don't think I have received texts either since this afternoon. 

67 REPLIES 67

@HL1979  Geez they're playing the hardline with you. Assuming that you remain in contact with the ex for obvious reasons? Maybe at first an inquisitive call to your local detachment for their opinion on the matter. Then a call to your legal representative and/or a talk with the ex? Or just get a new phone and in a couple of years when they're old enough one of the kids get an almost new phone for xmas and the ex can go about getting it unblacklisted and explaining how she "found" it.

HL1979

@darlicious 

Just and FYI......I phoned Telus and despite having the receipt, shipping order, payment with my credit card, original box and the phone itself they say the phone was linked through the SIM card to the ex's account and the device and they will keep the IMEI blacklisted.  They told me to contact the police or deal with it in a civil court.

ShadiyaO
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Take out you SIM card, restart and put your son card back in. If it doesn't register. Power off and back on. Hope it works for you.

ShadiyaO

HL1979

@darlicious 

Wow you seem really intelligent and knowledgeable.  I did not even think of that but may pursue that avenue with Telus.  One more story on my way to Maury! haha I hate the idea of having to get rid of a perfectly good phone just to buy another.  

You are absolutely correct...age means nothing,  and I shouldn't make generalizations.  Just need somebody to have a connection with and is active enough to keep up to me and the kids.  She sounds dreamy!!!

@HL1979  You need a phone in the meantime but I wouldn't give up on it yet. Seeing as it wasn't a device tied to a contract with telus and you have proof of ownership you still have a case with telus. They have no interest in participating in a fraud created by your ex. Have them open an investigation into the blacklisting of the phone. She has falsely misrepresented the status of the phone. 1. She is not the owner of the phone. 2. It is not lost or stolen. 3. She was aware of both of these facts when she had it blacklisted. Only deal with telus in this situation (dont contact the ex) but telling them you are willing to open a police investigation into the matter might hurry the case along and your ability to easily prove ownership should be enough for telus to remove it from the list.

Age is just a number....why must a woman be younger than you? Unless you want children. She's 5 years older than you, attractive, athletic (She runs, hikes, swims, kayaks and dragonboats.) Successful in her career (a very new growth industry) owns her own home and gets to travel around the world....but meh...if she has to be under 40......

HL1979

For anyone else this reads this post

There was NO problem with Public Mobile or the Public Mobile SIM card or service

Strictly a hardward issue on my end. 

The community here, service and moderators.....TOP NOTCH!  KUDOS

HL1979

@Anonymous 

I bought the phone and have receipt, original box and the phone itself. 

The account would have been in her name with Telus, I had asked to transfer the number but she wouldnt.  I did not realize it would have been tied to the phone IMEI# though and that it could be blacklisted.....I thought it would have all been tied only to SIM card.   

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HL1979 

Thank you for the update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was it her phone or her name on the account? Did she change it to her name and now she controls it?

HL1979

Just borrowed a friends phone this morning to see if it worked and it did.  I will have to buy another phone. 

Blacklisting my phone is a very minor aspect to her bitter vindictivness....the stories I could tell hahha....I could be on Maury, she's a nut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's some kind of bitter vindictiveness.

So you had another around or you bought one?

HL1979

Just and update for all you friendly helpers.....

Called Telus and ex had phone blacklisted.....they won't reinstate it with out here approval. 

Moved SIMcard to another unlocked phone this morning and PM is back up and running and can send texts again. 

Thanks again for everyones help I would have been a long time trying to figure it out on my own,  looks like I am shopping for a new phone. 

@darlicious- I am like 30mins from Petrolia so if she is cute and under 40 I am game haha...let me know 

@Ed404  Nicely done and managed to squeak in under the wire for a possible community reward. This is a petty good deal...best all year the only one that beats it is the stackable free month and rbc promo from back in September. Get a couple of referrals by monday and youll have the deal of the year!

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@Ed404Hey did you take the sweet deal and finally sign up? Today would be the last day for you if you wanted to possibly qualify for a community reward.

I signed up today and got the sim free without activation in-store heheh

@HL1979  Open bar is a must! Maybe skip the wedding and just have the open bar.

@Ed404Hey did you take the sweet deal and finally sign up? Today would be the last day for you if you wanted to possibly qualify for a community reward.

@HL1979 wrote:

LOL.....my ex is a nut....she would do it to me.....and now that you say that I suspect that.....she would have access to my account.  I will call telus tomorrow. 

Darlicious you live in SW ontario....I'm single and looking lol

Thank you so much to everyone for you help.  Its really appreciated!

@HL1979  Lol I used to live Ottawa and Toronto and the way things are going I might be single soon too.....but alas I live in Vancouver now. But hey my sister is single and has to make the full time move to the Petrolia area soon for her job. So you never know....maybe you'll run into her! She works for one of those new leafy green companies.

@Ed404 wrote:

I'm not 100% sure on how IMEI blacklisting works, but if "lost or stolen phone" is turned on Public Mobile's self-serve would that report the phone's IMEI as "stolen" to the database?

No it doesn't. It's just a PM account thing!

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm not 100% sure on how IMEI blacklisting works, but if "lost or stolen phone" is turned on Public Mobile's self-serve would that report the phone's IMEI as "stolen" to the database?

HL1979

Hahha you can be in the wedding party!!!  Open bar? 

@HL1979 wrote:

LOL.....my ex is a nut....she would do it to me.....and now that you say that I suspect that.....she would have access to my account.  I will call telus tomorrow. 

I'd like an invite to the wedding, lol.

HL1979

@HL1979  A year I a very long time for it to show up but it could be an IMEI mistake. Getting the moderators on it is probably the best option...you could call telus to see if they can shed any light on it since they were your old provider and have a call centre that's still open....tech support might help you. Was it a refurbished  phone? A new one would only lead to telus being the culprit unless you bought it "open box" and it was switched. Does your IMEI match the one on the box? Have you made an insurance claim on the phone?

Lol! Wishful thinking I guess...my bf and I are on the outs right now so your not the only one not getting any tonight!

Don't give up just yet, call Telus tomorrow and ask them why the phone was blacklisted. I have heard of people who have got their phones unblacklisted because the carrier incorrectly blacklisted the phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HL1979 wrote:

Geesh

"Yikes" does not sound good.

Why would this happen all of a sudden

Dunno. If it was from a year ago then one would think that if any company or person wanted to do that to you, they would have done it by now.

Maybe it was returned. Was it new in the box sealed and everything? You paid for it outright? Not on one of those free phone things where you have to commit to a time period?

@HL1979 wrote:

Can a moderator fix it if its blacklisted?

Phone was not refurbished.

@HL1979  No.

HL1979

Can a moderator fix it if its blacklisted?

Phone was not refurbished.

HL1979

Geesh

"Yikes" does not sound good.

Why would this happen all of a sudden

@HL1979 wrote:

No money owed to Telus it was PAYG

Just checked that devicecheck.ca and it is coming up as LOSTSTOLEN on national database....how can that be....have had phone for over a yr and bought at walmart last christmas. 

@HL1979  Aha...did you buy a refurbished phone? Hopefully on your credit card and you still have the receipt. Most refurbished phones come with a one year warranty. Get on it tomorrow and maybe you can score a black friday new phone deal.

HL1979

Lol no I can't don't know the address....I need to text her to get it!!! hahah

Need Help? Let's chat.