cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text msgs not sending / Emergency calls only

HL1979
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got a SIM card and phone number last Saturday...been texting fine all week and this morning.  This afternoon texts not sending, and says "emergency call only" where previosly said "public mobile" thought all bars are there for network.  Acct is all paid up on $15 plan.  I selected a phone # from public when activated sim card. 

Restarted phone....nothing

Powered down and removed Sim and reinstatlled....nothing. 

Don't think I have received texts either since this afternoon. 

67 REPLIES 67

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HL1979 wrote:

I verified account before I came on the community, all is paid up and set to autopay on Dec 23, said account was active.  No I do not have another phone. 

You could try borrowing a phone from a friend to test your sim card. If all else fails contact the moderators (Green ? in bottom right corner).

Goodluck

Check with some of your friends or a local Public Mobile SIM provider and see if anyone there can try your sim in their phone and theirs in yours. It's really important to identify the issue or you can spend hours shooting in the dark.

HL1979

I verified account before I came on the community, all is paid up and set to autopay on Dec 23, said account was active.  No I do not have another phone. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@HL1979 , I would start by checking the account to see if there is anything that looks off in the account.  If possible, try the SIM in a different phone and a different SIM in the affected phone.  

HL1979

Its a samsung J1 been using it all week. 

I do not have another phone to try the sim card in 

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Try a different phone to verify it's not the sim card. If the phone is used maybe it's blacklisted.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

It could be a SIM issue or a phone issue. I guess it's possible it could also be a Network issue.

Do you have another phone, or someone else's PM sim to try to see if we can narrow down the issue?

Need Help? Let's chat.