north450
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

how do you send text message using computer

15 REPLIES 15

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@north450

At the moment with Public Mobile there is no way of accomplishing this. However, I do see it as a great idea you can add to our Public Lab?

Cheers!

Darn. Would be pretty Convenient if It could work

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^You can't . It only Deliver a one way Text to the Phone, you do not have the option to reply to the text.

Just curious. How do you have a texting conversation using this, if Handset was not on hand, or Battery was dead? Just curious. Also, how do you use the MMS ability with this? 

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@north450 wrote:

how do you send text message using computer

Few methods were already mentioned by other poster, one more method is you can go to your service providers desktop site, in public mobile's case you can you use telusmobility.com or Koodomobile.ca and look for an option to send a text

I'm currently having an conversation with google

@makkahn28,

Anyone can use it. Try it with your Gmail or Outlook address.

Is that site txt thing, Can anyone from any carrier use it, or only certain carriers?

So, for example, I f I wanted to send a SMS text to you, I need to have an existing PM a/c, and just enter email, phone #, text and that's it? How would I send txt to other person? just curious. New

@north450,

@makkahn28,

You can text anyone, but the recipient has to be subscribed to a "text plan" with Public Mobile.

If the recipient does not have a text plan, he won't receive your message.

What I meant was, How does this service work exactly? Can you text anyone, and they receive that text like you sent it via handset?

@makkahn28,

When you send an email, in the address field, you put this : 5140001234@msg.telus.com

This works for Public Mobile and Telus.

How does this work exactly?

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@north450,

Are you looking to send a text message from your email to a Public Mobile number ?

If YES, use :

[10-digit phone number]@msg.telus.com

BetaKam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Need Help? Let's chat.