cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text may not work, after portal home line

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I recently transferred a landline to public, it was instant and tho the text may not work up to 48hours, the time the carrier gets notified, its possible the landline will still work simultaneously as your sim ....until official.

I have noticed the texting between public sim holder is working but not when someone sends it as it may still be mixed as landline.  its nano dissecting  the live update.

Monday DEC. 3 2019 noUPDATE JAN 1 2020UPDATE JAN 1 2020

12 REPLIES 12

dboxtvinfo715

on the 3 rd of Jan 2020, officially transferred and landline closed by transfer 

dboxtvinfo715

works between public mobile instantaneous now got email notification

dboxtvinfo715

Screenshot_2020-01-01-21-46-12.png

dboxtvinfo715

received confirmation transfer complete Heart

@Luddite wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 My landline port took almost 2 weeks. You may need substantial patience. Robot wink

dboxtvinfo715

enjoying itHeart

@pmmobile wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715  FYI: you may also have issues with receiving texts from transit or banks (2FA) even ater ther porting has been successfully completed. Patience is definitely required!

pmmobile

@dboxtvinfo715  FYI: you may also have issues with receiving texts from transit or banks (2FA) even ater ther porting has been successfully completed. Patience is definitely required!

dboxtvinfo715

Heartin 2 days

Let you know

dboxtvinfo715

yes receive calls both on sim and landline

dboxtvinfo715

In 48 hours everything should be fine, once transfer complete

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@dboxtvinfo715 My landline port took almost 2 weeks. You may need substantial patience. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 not sure if this is unique to YOUR situation, but the general porting process goes like this:

1. Public Mobile sets you up as a kind of DUPLICATE number. Only allowing OUTGOING calling and texting as you really don't have ANY number as of yet.

2. At this time, your old line, continues to have possession of your number and therefore your old provider will have FULL SERVICE and your NUMBER.

3. Public Mobile will begin to take over the number, first by texting, which your landline doesn't REALLY provide.

4 Your incoming calls will come in. Prior to this, when your phone number is DISCONNECTED they will go directly to your landline voicemail, 

5. Your number is not completely ported until you can RECEIVE a phone call.

Not sure if this is news to you, but when ALL this happens, your port is complete. That may take 3-7 days.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715  Porting a landline is not instant. When you request the port Public will setup you number within their network. You will be able to make calls and send texts but you won't be able to receive calls or texts from people outside of Public's network until your landline provider releases your number to PM. Sounds like the port is still not completed or stuck. Submit a ticket to PM and ask them to check it.

Need Help? Let's chat.