cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sought a PUK 8 hours ago still waiting for one

piyush2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I sought a PUK 8 hours ago still waiting for one. Sent private messages to Mods but no response so far.  I ported over my active line from FIDO. Now the FiDO line is inactive. The Public sim is in the phone, no network providers selected msg since phone asking for PUK.

10 REPLIES 10

piyush2

If one tries using a wrong PIN more that 3 times the phone gets Locked. Like wise for the SIM PIN. Both Locked out PINs seek PUK. 

There is a lot of ambuiguity around the network PIN, SIM PIN, Phone PIN, Screen lock Code.

Step 1. is to ensure that the Phone is unlocked.

How to enquire that I don't know. The method to do is to insert a Sim from unsupported network (In Canada multiple providers are on the same network, so please do some ground work on that).

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@piyush2 wrote:

I talked to Fido, they gave me the network unlock code for the phone, but that does not work since the phone is asking for a PUK. I confirmed with the rep there, They said that the SIM lock needs to be unlocked with the PUK and the Phone lock with the code they have supplied.

And you still waiting for moderator team?  When they reply you, should ask them why getting a puk code isn't considered an emergency?  Providing puk code should be easy to do for them and fast to give customers their phone service back, so sending puk codes should take priority over whatever else moderator teams do.

piyush2

I talked to Fido, they gave me the network unlock code for the phone, but that does not work since the phone is asking for a PUK. I confirmed with the rep there, They said that the SIM lock needs to be unlocked with the PUK and the Phone lock with the code they have supplied.

TheGx

@Barth wrote:

@piyush2 wrote:

I sought a PUK 8 hours ago still waiting for one. Sent private messages to Mods but no response so far.  I ported over my active line from FIDO. Now the FiDO line is inactive. The Public sim is in the phone, no network providers selected msg since phone asking for PUK.

I am reading between the lines a little; so please let me know if something else is happening. It appears that have been using a FIDO phone that you got before December 2017. Your phone has not worked since you inserted the Public Mobile SIM. 

If that is the case, this instruction from Getting Started is relevant. PM Mods will not be able to help you. 

Screenshot 2019-03-18 at 04.08.04.png

Because your FIDO account may have closed, they may not be helpful. In that case, I recommend DoctorSim.

Since the Public sim card is in the phone and the phone asking for puk code, it should be Public who would provide the puk code, not fido - the fido sim as I undertand from the posts is not active anymore.  So, if the Public sim is in the phone ask Public moderators for puk code, if it is the fido sim in the phone then ask fido.

Barth
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@piyush2 wrote:

I am reading between the lines a little; so please let me know if something else is happening. It appears that have been using a FIDO phone that you got before December 2017. Your phone has not worked since you inserted the Public Mobile SIM. 

If that is the case, this instruction from Getting Started is relevant. PM Mods will not be able to help you. 

Screenshot 2019-03-18 at 04.08.04.png

Because your FIDO account may have closed, they may not be helpful. In that case, I recommend DoctorSim.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Alex888 wrote:
@TheGxWith the moderators it's first come first served, and sending multiple messages may actually get you bumped down the line.

@Alex888  - Yes it is first come first served.  However, sending multiple message won't get you bumped down the line.  it will only make more work for the moderators, sorting out what goes with what.

This has been tossed back and forth several times since I've been here. Yes it does. No it doesn't etc.

And Alex888 cleverly hedged with the word "may".

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alex888 wrote:
@TheGxWith the moderators it's first come first served, and sending multiple messages may actually get you bumped down the line.

@Alex888  - Yes it is first come first served.  However, sending multiple message won't get you bumped down the line.  it will only make more work for the moderators, sorting out what goes with what.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@piyush2 It sounds like a problem with the port, you will just have to wait for the moderators. They are pretty busy right now so they may take a couple days to respond.

@TheGx With the moderators it's first come first served, and sending multiple messages may actually get you bumped down the line.

TheGx

Yeah, that is emergency for sure even during off hours like weekends etc, try putting emergency puk in subject line of your private messages to moderator team - hopefully they see that your case is emergency and reply faster than waiting still weekday working hours to fix.

Need Help? Let's chat.