cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so many issues

LisaP1983
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Auto pay not working account getting suspended monthly.Texting is not working yet account says active.Guess i will be looking elsewhere as im not paying for no service.Is it time to contact my bank to cancel payment.This is getting old quick.

11 REPLIES 11

Broken AutoPay is a years-old problem which has apparently never been resolved. 

The overwhelming majority of PM customers never have any problems with AutoPay. But it seems to be a recurring and persistent (and frustrating) issue for a few. I'm guessing it's something involving specific banks or credit card brands, but who knows, evidently PM still doesn't know. 

The only workaround seems to be manual top-up with payment vouchers, always keep enough funds in account balance to pay for your next Plan billing cycle in full. Don't even expect Rewards in this amount, just in case they're somehow related to the problem. You'll still collect the AutoPay Reward/Bonus and other Rewards but your card won't get charged and your account won't be Suspended from broken AutoPay.

You can get a support ticket from Simon or (my personal preference) you can click here to send a Private Message to the Moderator Team.

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would ask the moderator team about all that, PM is great but isn't perfect

Before you make the final decision to port to another carrier you should create a support ticket via Simon (?) Explain all the issues you've been having and your ready to leave. But give pm one more chance. Ask to have the moderators address all the issues you've been having with your account and service. Then ask for a credit of $1 less than your plan - rewards. I'm assuming $37 but maybe a little less. That way you go another month and if Auto pay can't charge a dollar to your Auto pay start packing.

LisaP1983

the $40 plan

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@LisaP1983 wrote:

Auto pay not working account getting suspended monthly.Texting is not working yet account says active.Guess i will be looking elsewhere as im not paying for no service.Is it time to contact my bank to cancel payment.This is getting old quick.

Are you on the $10 plan ? If so, you have limited calling and tetxing so could be that you've reached your limit on both of those features. Perhaps upgrading to the $15 plan or $25 plan might cure the problem.

Autopay can be flaky alright. As a suggestion...a few days before renewal date, you can manually add the cost of your plan to your Available Funds and that seems to make the renewal processs happy. You can use the valid credit card that's on your file or payment vouchers available at a lot of retail outlets. Either way, you can do that using the Self Serve or by calling 611. As per @kselmak 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@LisaP1983 wrote:

@LisaP1983  No need to call your bank. To cancel your account just remove your credit card on file and disable AutoPay and then you can port out our just let the account auto cancel after 90 days.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @LisaP1983 

I have never allowed the autopay to kick in as i heard how it can fail and cause all kind of issues. Every time i receive reminder sms that payment is coming i log in and withdraw money manually. I still get autopay reward. I honestly believe if i don't it will fail. I only hope if i every miss that sms that the autopay will work. I was actually thinking of having funds for an extra cycle, but I'm afraid I'll relax thinking i have enough for an extra cycle and won't bother topping up the account.

To have your plan working after suspension there are 4 things you can try

1. Restart your phone, if it didn't help

2. Report the phone lost then found after a minute, then restart your phone. If it didn't work

3. Top up your account with an extra $1. Restart your phone. If it didn't work

4. Contact moderators

Try withdrawing funds manually and see if that would keep the things smoother

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LisaP1983 please be aware you need an active line to port out, if you want to keep your number.

Be aware if you do a charge back and you then require an active pm account PM often requires a certified cheque or a money order to be sent to them inorder to start service again.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

Hi I am sorry to hear about your issues whatever is going on needs to be addressed click on simon to generate a ticket for moderators hopefully they can fix things for you 

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LisaP1983 , I feel for you.  I am kind of new here and see lots of complaints about issues.  I sense this is not the forum for people to come and talk about all the good things.  Anyway, if you want to cancel future payments, you can do that on your own by removing auto payment option.  I believe there's no refunds for past payments as this is a prepaid service.  You could consult with customer service about credits for past failed service.  Click on the ? on the bottom right and ask for customer service.  There's also the CCTS complaints process if customer service doesn't work out for you.  

LisaP1983

As well calls not working

Need Help? Let's chat.