cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim invalid on activation process

Thommy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi,

i have encounter sim invalid on activation process. is there any solution to fix that. 

thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

amasood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Thommy,

I really hope your sim card is working now.

@amasood wrote:

Hello Thommy,

In order for your sim to activate you should try this. Turn airplane mode on and then off again. Go to Settings > General > About and check for a carrier settings update. Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn't loose.

I hope it helps. 

You can't put an inactive SIM into a phone and accomplish anything.  This is an activation issue we are trying to provide suggestions for.  Please familiarize yourself with the knowledge base before attempting to assist customers.  Your eagerness to assist is to be commended.  However, wrong advice is not helpful. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Thommy, it sounds like there was some sort of browser issue.  It seems to happen to some customers from time to time.  Retry following clearing browser cache or use of incognito mode.  Please note that the system can lock onto the SIM card for a period of time even though the activation did not complete.  Wait an hour or two before retrying. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Thommy wrote:

hi,

i have encounter sim invalid on activation process. is there any solution to fix that. 

thank you.

Did you got the generic error?

If yes, close your browser and restart your activation process again. I use Opera and Chrome browser on Windows 10 without issue after restart.

PM website is slow, sometimje you will get the generic error.

Thommy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Amasood

Thank you, i already tried but stil the same. i my case, my SIM Card#  19 serial number is invalid. i order 2 sim card online and both the same.

amasood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Thommy,

In order for your sim to activate you should try this. Turn airplane mode on and then off again. Go to Settings > General > About and check for a carrier settings update. Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn't loose.

I hope it helps. 

Need Help? Let's chat.