Did you mean: 

sim card

chriscashen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how do i get a sim card it keeps asking for email then  nothing

13 REPLIES 13

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
you can just cut is yourself with Regular Scissors by looking at a another Micro Sim and cutting it accordingly. Google.ca or bing.com has lots of instructions but its really easy to do. Chances of running it are very slim. Try it. I own a cutter but the cutter leaves rough edges which you then have to file but with scissors no such issue

chris1cashen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ok cool he bought phone from them then they closed up shop but he is not getting service but code ieme or whatever ty very much for all your help how do i mark this as answered 🙂

burkely
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@chris1cashen

Do what @DK said. Go to calm Kiosk or repair shop ask to have them punch the sim card. Try going into Telus or Koodo, they may do it for you.

the1nonly214
Sim cards can be cut down to the size that you need. An independent cell phone shop more than likely has a sim cutter or you can try any random carrier store at the mall and maybe someone has a cutter. It's a very simple process if you have a microsim as well you can outline it on the public mobile sim and take scissors to it yourself. Plenty of options to avoid waiting for another sim card.

chris1cashen

he got large and needs micro huge size diff how can we contact them

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
If you go to a cell phone repair store or kiosk at the local mall, they can cut it smaller. Some people have had good luck with a local Koodo mobile kiosk for free.

What I usually do after cutting is just take a nail file and very lightly smooth the edges on the top side of the sim. (opposite the metal side)

burkely
@chris1cashen

What size did he get and what size did he need??

He can either have it punched if too big. Or order an adapter from eBay if it's too small. I'd recommend that for now, a quick fix.

But I'd definitely use the Contact Us page and order a replacement.

Cheers!

chris1cashen

my son recieved 1 that was wrong 1 what can he do to correct it

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@chriscashen,

At this moment, please note that Public Mobile is currently in BETA. They are temporarily accepting new customers only by invitation.

New customers must join the BETA phase at http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/beta

You will be contacted by email within a few weeks. Once you receive your invitation code, you will be able to subscribe on Public Mobile and order a free of charge SIM card.

For now, there is no faster way to subscribe on Public Mobile. They are in BETA to make sure everything works perfectly before the official launch.

the1nonly214

If satisfied please mark the answer as solved for future members who may have the same question.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

On behalf of the above responder, you're welcome, and welcome to Public Mobile!

chriscashen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ahh got it tyvm

the1nonly214

Public Mobile is in Beta meaning that they are limiting the number of SIM cards they hand out. The only way to obtain one is to sign up with your email to be a Beta tester essentially and in roughly 3 weeks or greater you will get an email stating you've been welcomed to join the beta project and you can contact public mobile with a unique pin to have them mail you a sim card free of charge

Need Help? Let's chat.