cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card rebate

fisher
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

After i activate my sim card, can i have rebate sim card fee right now ?

i saw my friend he send a email to rebate@publicmobile.ca and get the money back.

is that true ?Cat Frustrated

13 REPLIES 13

@Korth 

I too find the change in promo activity here quite interesting. I haven’t quite been around for a year but clearly noticed constant promotions in my first six months including the new customer promotions of either second month free OR 6 x $10/month credits frequently overlapping the $25/$25 referal credit promo. Since about March of this year there have only been a few small flash promos as you describe, “this weekend only” etc where in all likelihood potential customers hear about the opportunity after it ends. 

I frequently notice posts here on the community that make me say to myself “he/she didn’t do her homework before signing up”. With PM’s support model, things need to run very smoothly, with clear and concise instructions to limit the misunderstandings and subsequent unhappy new customers tying up moderator time. There were promotions that had fine print specifying “dealer signup only” or “Online Only” (meaning DIY rather than dealer). New customers would sign up at dealers, didn’t get the promo then were on the community saying “It WAS done online, I saw the guy doing it”! Poor wording and why complicate a promotion with dealer only or DIY only? Anyway, it looks like they have fixed that by eliminating most promos but they didn’t learn from past mistakes and keep doing these two day “panic promos”.

Terry

@darlicious I will give you a bravo there darlicious. I don't blame Telus for keeping PM as a lower rated cell service that gets the job done but without the bells and whistles including quick efficient service. But doing things that constantly costs them moderator time to fix and patch up doesn't seem like the most cost effective way to go.

Terry

It's easy enough to get a free SIM card with an in store activation. Harder is trying to get a promo as a new customer unless you luck out with your timing, access to a SIM card and your ability to use an online service. Troubleshooting your own account issues takes a lot of study and help from the community.  It's the community that keeps pm running without them the business model will fail. Lack of moderators is one thing but what gets me is the big announcement  of the new barely improved simple Simon is just a giant bandaid trying to mask the real problem...a third rate payment, activation and account system. I mean Donald Trump would be proud of that Simon reveal to deflect from the real issue. Put some real money behind  I.T. and upgrade your computer system. All the glitches, special instructions, quirks and rain dances to get basic systems to work

is ridiculous . Fix that problem and 75% of all the issues mods deal with disappear, 75% of bad publicity/ image gone, 75% of lack of customer service complaints no more because the mods can handle the work load quickly and efficiently. Then we can all reminisce about remember when simple Simon was around? Less flash in the pan and more flash sales!

Not free (or rebated) at my local Walmart and London Drugs.

But I notice PM frequently runs little promo things, Free SIM Card This Weekend Only, etc.  Keep checking in and you can catch some sort of little deal every month or so.

But it's rather frustrating that all their promos use time-limited get-it-now-before-it's-gone sales tactics these days. Doubly frustrating when, realistically, it's impossible for a new customer to order a SIM and figure everything out and successfully activate within a 2 day time limit. And quite tragic that PM Mods become unavailable (because overwhelming customer demands) while vendors like Walmart and Shoppers can't help (because completely uninformed and unprepared).

PM used to consistently offer better value than everyone else, a steady flow of good deals which led the pack, not a bunch of stumbling half-desperate frantic knee-jerk blunderings to steal a piece of meat from the stragglers. 

If anyone is confused right now.... this original post is from 2016.

It seems to be getting a bit more common to get the SIM for free when activating at London Drugs, Walmart and maybe other dealers? Did someone say they were free with activation at PM Kiosks as well?

Terry

@danielj wrote:

They should of kept the rebated for the SIM cards.

The closest thing to this would now be the $10 credit if a new customer is referred by an existing customer.

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

They should of kept the rebated for the SIM cards.

fisher

email to   rebate@publicmobile.ca        add your phone number and sim card number  also order number 

that is it!

rybshik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CaNuCk07wrote:

@fisher  There are no rebates for the SIM cards anymore.  I know they were initially free, and for those who have purchased a SIM card prior to October 18th and wanted to receive the rebate, you would be able to do so up until November 18.

I have purchased a SIM card xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx prior to October 18th and activated it today (Nov. 12). How can I get the rebate? Thanks

edited by computergeek541: account information removed

javeriasqui
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, you don't get a sim card rebate! I just registered and from what I know there are no rebates offered. 

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For more detailed information, you can check out the official announcement:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Seeing-our-SIM-cards-waste-away-made-us-...

fisher

thanks for reply !!

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@fisher  There are no rebates for the SIM cards anymore.  I know they were initially free, and for those who have purchased a SIM card prior to October 18th and wanted to receive the rebate, you would be able to do so up until November 18.

Need Help? Let's chat.