cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sign into network?

koukla123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why does my phone say sign into network all the time?

8 REPLIES 8

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Google Motorola USA to read its article regarding the correct way to remove and then replace the back plate without breaking it.

FYI.

bilal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
If it's a Motorola G, you can snap the back off to take the sim card. Be sure to not try to pry open the battery. It looks user replaceable but it's not.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Though it's no longer relevant in your case, if you want to know if SIM numbers match, do this: Remove the SIM card from your phone. Its number will be inscribed on it. Then, access your account to see if the registered number matches that on your card.

For your future reference.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Since yesterday, when your phone was working properly, did you drop it, drop water on it, have it in the bathroom while you were taking a shower or bath? Did you upgrade your operating system, even if unknowingly? Go into About phone to check if the OS is different from what it was yesterday? Did you download any apps other than from the Google play store?

Think about possible incompatibilities. Cellphones don't stop working for no reason.

BTW, thank you very much for your prompt reply. Much appreciated!

Jho
I got this phone from PM last year and everything worked fine until this afternoon. Since I cant take the battery out, I cant tell what the sim # is 😞

I tried to reboot my phone a few times but no luck.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

I have 2 Moto G (2013) phones, and have never encountered that problem.

Have you accessed your self-serve account to see if the registered SIM card number matches that in your phone? If you wish to check, click Plans and Add-ons in your online account. One of the sub-tabs will be called Change SIM Card. Ensure that the numbers match. If they do not, enter the number of your SIM card from your phone. Then, reboot your phone.

Did you purchase the phone directly from PM when it still had stores? Did you buy it from a vendor with Telus on the packaging? If neither applies, when you were setting up the phone, did you put it on auto so that the phone would automatically search for Public Mobile's network?

I look forward to your reply.

Jho
Same case with me. I couldn't remove my battery (it says battery not user removable). I use a motorola moto g. Does anyone know what else can be done?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

When your phone keeps stating that you should sign into the network, are you able to do so?

Also, remove your battery, if removable, and SIM card. Wait a few minutes before reinserting them.Ensure that the battery contacts are firmly in place, and the card is not loose.

If the above does not help, what make and model of phone do you have?
Need Help? Let's chat.