cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

response from Moderator Team

shindent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I sent a private message to moderator team yesterday, but I didn't get any answer or response. So, I'm wondering how long I should wait for their response. The resolution of the problem is urgent for me because I wanna return to previous phone number due to a wrong number change(I made a mistake to change phone number twice under the same account, so I cann't get back my previous number to be needed) Is there anyone to help me?

9 REPLIES 9

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo  and @GinYVR  thanks for the reminder about the 90 day window before a number can be recycled back into circulation.  Must admit I just forgot about it.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GinYVR ok thats basically what i said in my first post.   "number change" can be confusing if not differenciated between porting in and getting assigned a number, as they are both in essence changing numbers. 

@mimmoI meant once you have your account setup.. you can change your # every 30 days. I don't think porting in a number counts as a number change, but picking from Telus number pool does.

mimmo

@GinYVR  when you say change number are you combining porting in  and getting assigned a number from PM in the same 1 time every  30 days? 

@mimmo @dabr I believe you can change number once every 30 days. As for the original number it goes back to the owner/provider of the Central Office where the number came from. eg 416 216 1234 the 216 CO code belongs to Bell.. No matter how many provider you ported the number with, if you loose that number, it goes back to Bell. Bell can elect not to release that number for service.. it is up to them.

mimmo

@dabr @@You can port in as much as you want. You can only change (select a new number every cycle)

If a number is released I believe there is a 90 wait period before it can be resigned.  And the number will go back to the original provider. 

toxicfire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@shindent moderator team wait is approx 48 hours.

could be sooner could be longer so hang in there you will get a reply

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@shindent wrote:

I sent a private message to moderator team yesterday, but I didn't get any answer or response. So, I'm wondering how long I should wait for their response. The resolution of the problem is urgent for me because I wanna return to previous phone number due to a wrong number change(I made a mistake to change phone number twice under the same account, so I cann't get back my previous number to be needed) Is there anyone to help me?

Usually you're allowed to change your number only once every 30 days.  I'm not sure if the number you want back will still be available because someone may already have been assigned that number.  You could try phoning that number and see if anyone answers, if someone does then you won't be able to retrieve it.

Hopefully, the moderators will get in touch soon.  Good luck.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@shindent48 hours + is the usual turn around time for moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.