cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Plan Expired"

Richard367
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Auto payment  was properly established and is confirmed on "my plan and add-ons" page. Yet Account Status states Plan Expired. I have read how this is a glitch that hopefully Public will fix in the future. If service goes down I don't need Public. So far I am regreting my decision to move. I am extremely disappointed. Pls take action to ensure my service remains active.

18 REPLIES 18

@erminchowWhen is your renewal date? Do you have service? If you still have service and you are in the renewal period.. just ignore the warning.

Simon.JPG

@erminchow wrote:

I am currently having the same issue. Can a moderator please look into my account? Thanks.

erminchow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently having the same issue. Can a moderator please look into my account? Thanks.

MJN

“Plan Expired “ has been there since renewal date August 30. I had been very patient.

@MJN wrote:

My account is listed the same “Plan Expired”. For a couple of days even I have enough fun for renewal. However, the phone seem to work normally. Can the moderator look into it please.

If your plan is working, it isn't really expired. When you say a couple of days, do you just mean last night and the next morning?  The message does get displayed erroneously on every account near renewal time.

MJN

My account is listed the same “Plan Expired”. For a couple of days even I have enough fun for renewal. However, the phone seem to work normally. Can the moderator look into it please.

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/System-maintenance-important-note-for-c...

@Shazia_K  a écrit :
Update: On April 15th between 2AM- 9:30AM EST, our system was unable to process credit card payments for renewing customers who had AutoPay enabled. This means that your plan services did not renew, and your credit card was not charged. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. The issue has since been resolved; however we ask that you please sign in to Self-Serve to add funds to your account equal to your plan price minus any eligible Rewards. After doing so, your plan will automatically renew, and no other action is required.

This means that on April 15th, 2018 from 12:00 am ET to April 15th 10:00 am ET you won't be able to do the following:

Access your Self-Serve account
Activate a new account

Please excuse us for any inconvenience this may cause.

@kselmak wrote:

One more thing, it's really good practice to withdraw money manually from your credit card as autopay is not very reliable. The service is prepaid and it's up to us to make sure that there is enough to pay for our cycle. The service will not be granted before payment. You still get the rewards. Treat autopay as fallback option only.

I disagree about your assessment of Autopay. I've never had a service interruption because of it, and I'm a 3 year veteran here. You don't have to manually add funds. It's really not necessary, and you'll realize that "Plan Expired" note is normal. Robot Happy

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

To the OP @Richard367, I can assure you that the red "Plan Expired" message is normal as others have already mentioned. I've been here over 3 years and despite that message, my account was always topped up usually a bit after midnight. That message will disappear.

@Master2000 wrote:

It’s a good practice to manually add fund in advance, you will still get autopay $2 discount.

Not necessary. Autopay works fine. The "plan expired" note is correct. Once autopay is processed tonight, it'll disappear and you'll be topped up.

Prepaid plNs work differently from post paid. With prepaid you are buying 30 days service, it expires and autopay purchases you the next 30 days of service. Postpaid just keeps going and a bill is generated once a month.

PM service doesn't actually stop at your renewal but every 30 days you will see this message overnight when it is renewing.

Terry

jaredlph001

my account is listing the same thing, can I have a moderator take a look for me? I just renewed the plan yesterday and it states that it expired on sept 29th 2019... please advise

cviv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just be patient. I worked with Bell Mobility for a few years and prepaid plans were tricky. Someitmes once you put a phone card on your prepaid, it would instantly apply it to your plan, and many times it would take 12 hours. Just give it a minute to let it work itself out. But I agree with some of the others, it's definitely a good idea to apply funds before hand, or buy multiple cards to cover you for 2 months.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Richard367 wrote:

Auto payment  was properly established and is confirmed on "my plan and add-ons" page. Yet Account Status states Plan Expired. I have read how this is a glitch that hopefully Public will fix in the future. If service goes down I don't need Public. So far I am regreting my decision to move. I am extremely disappointed. Pls take action to ensure my service remains active.

It means nothing if your phone works. If it's your renewal time, expired is just saying plan will stop working if payment doesn't work.

Master2000

It’s a good practice to manually add fund in advance, you will still get autopay $2 discount.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Richard367 

You will probably see this every 30 days for couple of hours just before the renewal. Moreover this status may remain for up to 16 hours after the balance due, where the money and rewards will be deposited into your account and just sit there for hours in the form of balance. 

If everything is working there is no need to panic and it's better not to touch anything, nor force any changes manually, as that may cause problems.

If the service stops this is when you would have couple of options.

Most of the time you would see a 'reactivate' button which would force cycle to consume the balance and restart your service. Sometimes you need to restart your phone to have everything working

Sometimes it doesn't work or balance gets consumed but service didn't resume, apparently that's a problem with a provision on your account and there are 3 ways which may resolve it

1. Report your phone stolen, wait one minute, report it found, restart the phone

2. If 1 didn't work, top up your account with $1 and v restart phone

3 if 2 didn't work, contact the moderators

Most of people never faced this problem, bit it did pop up in waves, and some people had to go all the way to the last option. Hopefully you don't have to face it

One more thing, it's really good practice to withdraw money manually from your credit card as autopay is not very reliable. The service is prepaid and it's up to us to make sure that there is enough to pay for our cycle. The service will not be granted before payment. You still get the rewards. Treat autopay as fallback option only.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Richard367 wrote:

@Richard367  If today is your plan renewal date and your phone is working please ignore that message and stay away from your selfserve and/or 611 IVR menu until tomorrow. You can safely ignore that message evrything will be back to normal tomorrow.

YVR

We are just community members and can only provide some help. 

When is you plan renewal date?   Does your service work still?  You can always pay using a credit card on 611 if auto pay failed.

@Richard367 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.