cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"I am authorized to transfer this phone number"?

GI2016
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

does the statement "I am authorized to transfer this phone number" have always to be selected in order to port the number?

my number is on the account of another person with a shared plan. we are porting both numbers to PM under two separate accounts with different names.

should I do anything special for the port to go though since my name on the PM account initiating the port does not match the name on the shared account where the number belongs?

Thanks,

George

5 REPLIES 5

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
No
N/A
Just the primary name, it's only one persons account.

Hello,

I have the following questions because I feel that some people may have the same questions/issues and after reading this post they may benefit from this and perhaps then we can all avoid these avoidable porting issues and have a less of a backlog.

If I understand correctly, what is recommend here is that for shared accounts or for accounts where there are multiple numbers under one account, if you are porting one of the numbers, the account name and number must be the account name and number of the primary account holder.  Is that correct?

My questions are:

- If you are porting one of the numbers from a shared or multi-account and using the name of the primary account holder, does your PM account then also has the primary account holder name from the other service provider?

- If the answer to he first point is yes, then can you change the account holder name for your PM account?

- If the secondary user of shared or multi-account at other service provider where you are porting the number from, is also an authorized user to make changes, should you then just use the secondary authorized user name or just use the primary account holder name, just to be safe?

Thank you.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Yes. The authourized name and account number must EXACTLY match that account. Based on your post, that info will be the same for both port-ins.

"Do nots” for port-ins

- if coming from Koodo do not use the same email address for Koodo and Public Mobile

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You have to always tick that box whenever trying to port.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

I  believe you have to put the name of the account number holder somwhere when you are initiating the port.  you can still port but you ahve to click the authorize button.

Need Help? Let's chat.