cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Call is not included in your current plan" despite active plan including text and call

Maxmschneider
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good Morning,

This morning I received a text about my plan renewal being March 1st, despite my plan unusally resets around the 17th of each month. This happened before and in selfserve my renewal date was still as usual, why I assumed this must be an error.

This time when I tried to make a call shortly after I received the message, there was an automated message stating that call is not included in my plan.

In fact it is. I'm running with the 8Gb + text and call plan, double checked self serve which confirms.

What is the issue here?

9 REPLIES 9

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder @Maxmschneider  It's actually a telus message. With exception of grandfathered provincial calling plans all public mobile plans are Canada wide calling. But because we are on the telus network and they offer a variety of limited calling plans this message will kick in If you don't dial (1) in front of the number you are dialing because the system doesnt recognize what plan each individual making a call has so it defaults to the warning message.

This isn't a Telus message, but rather specific to Public Mobile. Dialing the 1 is only supposed to bypass the message about long distance charges possibly applying, after which the call should proceed (except the case of a system bug). 

The message about talk not being included differs in the sense that the call doesn't complete. When dialing a Canadian phone number, the customer shouldn't be hearing this message whether or not dialing a 1 before the area code and number.

@CannonFodder @Maxmschneider  It's actually a telus message. With exception of grandfathered provincial calling plans all public mobile plans are Canada wide calling. But because we are on the telus network and they offer a variety of limited calling plans this message will kick in If you don't dial (1) in front of the number you are dialing because the system doesnt recognize what plan each individual making a call has so it defaults to the warning message.

@Maxmschneider  Yeah, that's a fairly common issue, which is why I asked the question..... seems to depend on locations, in that some numbers require the "1" in front of the number, and others don't, in much the same way as dialing long distance on landlines.

Maxmschneider

@CannonFodder wrote:

@Maxmschneider wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

The renewal reminders were sent out in error.  If your phone works then just ignore the message.

Yeah since I had these before out of the blue but everything was working I did. This time I can not make calls though...

Can't make calls, or can't make a call(maybe tried several times) to one particular number?

It is one number in particular, did receive a call earlier today prior to the faulty text message.

I just noticed that I did not pre dial +1 even though it was a canadian number.

Works now, this seemed to be the issue here. Haven't had any problems with that before though.

@Maxmschneider wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

The renewal reminders were sent out in error.  If your phone works then just ignore the message.

Yeah since I had these before out of the blue but everything was working I did. This time I can not make calls though...

Can't make calls, or can't make a call(maybe tried several times) to one particular number?

Maxmschneider

@Triguy wrote:

Maxmschneider

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Maxmschneider wrote:

Good Morning,

This morning I received a text about my plan renewal being March 1st, despite my plan unusally resets around the 17th of each month. This happened before and in selfserve my renewal date was still as usual, why I assumed this must be an error.

This time when I tried to make a call shortly after I received the message, there was an automated message stating that call is not included in my plan.

In fact it is. I'm running with the 8Gb + text and call plan, double checked self serve which confirms.

What is the issue here?

Have you tried restarting your phone?

Not yet, doing this now. Have an update to install anyways...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Maxmschneider wrote:

Good Morning,

What is the issue here?

Have you tried restarting your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.