cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with mms

William
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I send couple mms to my friends. Only carrier with PM can receive it. But it's working before. Is anybody else have same issue??? I send to 4 different carrier, rogers,fido, wind and PM. But only PM can receive mms
10 REPLIES 10

I guess it's time to root and run packet sniffers on the device, get a chance to use some fancy external instruments - see what the phone's really doing, which specific communication traffic occurs under the hood.  (And also confirm how easily the wireless "security" might be defeated, lol.)

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korth I concur with @Luddite, MMS messages do not count toward your data allotment.  I think it's virtually impossible to *completely* restrict any background data usage while the overall mobile data switch is turned on, as it was during the brief period where your MMS messages finally delivered.  I suspect something else was queued up in the background and snuck through during that same period of time.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Korth I am absolutely certain. You can see that one is not required to purchase data for a text only plan, but mms is included.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite "Data must be on for mms but no data is charged."

Is this true?  I inadvertently tested it twice: I sent some pics through mms with cellular data off, they were apparently pending (for months!) before I enabled cellular data and later saw that data usage on My Account jumped up to a few MB towards my limit.  I'm sure this is the only data which could have been sent during the billing period, I don't allow the OS or apps to automatically do any background syncs and updates.

(FWIW, I basically don't use cellular data at all, I keep it disabled and instead use WiFi whenever I actually use my phone online.  But my plan actually worked out cheaper with a 1GB data allotment bundled in.)

William
It's fixed now. Because size limited by other carrier company. Can't send size more than 1 mb. Thanks

@William have you tried:

- reset network settings

- rebooting your phone. and/or toggle airplane mode off & on?

Good luck.

William
I can receive mms from them and their phone can receive from another carrier.
I have blackberry passport. The thing is I can send mms last week and he can receive it. But he can't receive mms this week.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@William Definitely strange; are you sure cellular data is still turned on, and the apn settings are correct? http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartph...

Data must be on for mms but no data is charged.

Some tests you can do:

- are you able to receive mms/picture messages?

- test what happens with your sim in another unlocked phone, and a friend's sim in yours.

What is make/model of your phone in case someone has solved this issue?

William
I am sure they all have data on. I will send you private message.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello William, 

I'm sorry to see that your friends aren't able to receive your mms. 

Did you make sure that they have their data mode turned on? This will not charge them and they can also turn it on even if data is not a part of their plan. 

Please let me know whether this fixes the issue, if not, please private message me with your Public Mobile phone number and all the numbers that aren't able to receive mms from you. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.