cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem Porting number from koodo to public mobile

Ali1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi comunity I am writing this message to find out how to get help porting my number from koodo to Public mobile as it was writen on activation page I had to choose a new number then contact PM customer service inorder to port my number since it is from koodo I choose new number then I sent PM an Email  with all my account information I got respond after 48 hour told me they have system mantanance I had to wait 72 hours since july 5 I am waing to get answer no reply again from them is there any other way to port my number let me know

Thanks

Ali

5 REPLIES 5

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Ali1,

Got everything that I needed, thanks for the very detailed message Smiley Very Happy

Working on this, please watch out for my private message!

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Ali1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi shazia I sent you my information in private message I hope you port my number soon

Thanks

Mohammad Ali

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Ali1

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

I did receive your private message but it did not include any phone number?

Would you be able to send me your temporary Public Mobile phone number and the Koodo number to port? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

noodlez7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A key thing I did when I ported my number was to make sure you let Koodo know that you're planning to port your number, keep the Koodo acc active while the porting happens, and request the port with all necessary information from the Koodo acc to PM.

I saved the trouble of having to wait to port my number for hours/days with that one easy step.  It basically got my number transferred over instantly without no wait-time.  (may differ upon carriers/service uptimes/etc)

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

The only thing that may work without waiting, is to request the port from your self serve account. After you log in go to Change Phone Number under Plans and Add-ons and accurately enter the required information. Use a number different from your PM temporary number if an alternate number is requested.

However, you will likely need the assistance of one of our moderators;   @Shazia_K @Kalla_A @Mary_M  If you have no response by noon tomorrow, or you succeed, let us know. 

You will need to send them some information by private message. If unfamiliar with this feature, you can review it here: Private Messages - viewing and creating. It will speed things along if you can check in from time during "Ontario business hours" tomorrow.

Your Koodo sim should still provide service in your phone until the transfer is completed. Do not cancel your Koodo account.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.