cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting my number from koodo

trisha__kelly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to port my number from koodo , how do i do this?

8 REPLIES 8

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RobertQc wrote:

@trisha__kelly wrote:

prepaid

Koodo and PM are using the same back end so their automated number porting system is treating prepaid as the same provider. So you can get an error with the "Check eligibility".  You can get a temp number now and get it switch later. There are also problems like using the same e-mail address as your koodo account. I suggest sending off a message to the moderator team as they will be able to access your specific account information. Click this to send them a message

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Thank you for this info. I'm trying to be an active and helpful member of the PM community, so trying to learn as much as I can about the service. I was wondering why people needed to contact the moderators to assist with porting a Koodoo number, and now I understand. Cheers.

Mugsy

Heads up... Moderator wait times can easily be a week between responses. Meanwhile the clock just keeps ticking. I have trouble with my 4.5gb data plan. A whole month ticked by so the data expired. (I'm now in month 2 and still waiting for a solution) At the change of month, I  downsized to a talk& text package because i wasn't getting any  value from non functional data. The moderator then credited me with 2gb as compensation for the 4.5gb that lapsed totally unused while I wait and wait and wait for resolution. Then they made it seem like they were doing me a huge favour by crediting my account with less than half the data that i paid for! And no matter, I can't even use that data because they can't seem to figure out the problem. BTW Koodo data worked perfectly on this phone but PM moderator thinks its my fault and told me it's my responsibility to bring a working phone!

smartin

One thing to mention - if you don't have the account you need to create a Public Mobile account with the temporary phone number and after your service is active, you can do your number port over from Koodo.

@trisha__kelly wrote:

prepaid

Koodo and PM are using the same back end so their automated number porting system is treating prepaid as the same provider. So you can get an error with the "Check eligibility".  You can get a temp number now and get it switch later. There are also problems like using the same e-mail address as your koodo account. I suggest sending off a message to the moderator team as they will be able to access your specific account information. Click this to send them a message

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

@trisha__kelly wrote:

prepaid

You need to get the moderator team to submit the port.  Because of infrastructure sharing between Koodo prepaid and Public Mobile, customers cannot submit the porting via the self serve account.  Use the information from my earlier post to contact the moderator team. 

trisha__kelly

prepaid

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@trisha__kelly, are you porting from Koodo prepaid or postpaid.  If porting from postpaid, you simply do that in the self serve account.  There is a transfer number function.  If porting from prepaid, that has to be done by the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Update: Sorry, forgot to ask about  Koodo prepaid.  Send a private message to moderator as other had suggested on this thread. 

@trisha__kelly

If you already have a PM account, login to your account and select [Plan and Add-Ons]--> [Change Phone Number] --> [Transfer a wireless or wireline number ]

Need Help? Let's chat.