cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting from wind mobile issues

tony1982801
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everybody,

For some reason wind mobile is not letting me port over to public mobile. I put all my information in the port number screen that was requested and now it has been more then 12 hours and the number has not been ported. I have tried restarting my phone every few hours and also tried taking my sim card out and putting it back in and still nothing. Please help

21 REPLIES 21

aden25
Thanks. I already sent you a PM with that info last night.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @aden25

If you require any assistance, don't hesitate to send me a private message (if not already done)

I will respond shortly - also include your phone number and the WIND account number.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

tony1982801

maybe try to pm a mod and tell them your situation they will usually look after it for you if they are not too busy hope everything works out for you

aden25

I have and nothing changed. I'm remaining optimistic that this will take roughly a day like it did for tony but idk. I'll PM a mod to check this out.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aden25 have you rebooted your phone since receiving the text that the port completed?  If not, please power off your phone, remove the SIM card for about 60 seconds, then reinsert the card, and power your phone back on, then try receiving a call on your ported number.  Does that work?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

aden25
I forgot to add that I received a text confirmation that my number successfully transferred too.

aden25
I registered my Public Mobile account roughly 2 hours ago and ported my old WIND number. I can only make outgoing calls/text and data works but I can't receive incoming text and calls. Tested it with family members. I urgently need to receive calls.

srlawren

That's great, @tony1982801!  Welcome to Public Mobile!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tony1982801

thanks Mary the port finally worked!!!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @tony1982801

I have received your private message, however there will be a delay in answering due to a heavy volume. Hand in there, I'll send you a confirmation message shortly.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

tony1982801

i have already contacted 2 different mods one of them already contacted the port team last night, and they told me it should take 30 min to 2 hours and now its almost 24 hours. I have been waiting for a port since Saturday, sorry if i sound a little impatient

Cypm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i was with wind mobile when i port from wind mobile it was a lot of problem too. however those problem about portingfrom wind mobile to make your phone work , you can't do too much. it has to do with public mobile mod person can help you to solve your problem in personally. so contact one of mod quickly, your problem will be solved in short time. good luck. 

tony1982801

its been the next day and still no progress in the port 

tony1982801

thank you very much everyone the community here is great!!

srlawren

Thank  you, Saray!

@tony1982801, please let us know once everyting is up and running.  And welcome to Public Mobile!  🙂

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @tony1982801

I'm sorry you were having issues with your port. I just saw your message as well. It seems that the port got stuck for some reason.

But don't worry! I just got in touch with our port team and they were able to re-submit the port. It should be completed in the next 30 minutes to 2 hours 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

@tony1982801 I would recommend you re-send it anyway.  

tony1982801

I was here two days ago and messaged one of the PM the name doesnt come to my mind, but my old number still has not ported, and thank you srlwaren for the idea. Hoping, theres a PM that can reply to this board and help me solve this issue, thank you.

srlawren

HI @tony1982801, it sounds like your port has hung.  Good idea to PM a moderator (I suggest @Saray_O today).  Please send her your temporary PM number (or your SIM card number if you didn't activate with a temporary number first), and your Wind account number.  Also your name, exactly as it appears on your Wind bills or self-serve system.

tony1982801

My wind account is still up... It was in good standing and all bills have been paid off. I am going to try and pm one of the mods to see if they can help me with the issue thanks for the quick reply.

jamestneutron
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Check your wind account...see if it is still active. Was it in good standing when you requested the port? Others have had issues porting this weekend...there is a large volume of customers taking up the Promo offer. Private message one of the PM moderators on the community and they will get back to you to assist.

Need Help? Let's chat.