cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting a number

rae
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was wondering if i do a port of a number, can i keep my public mobile account just with a new number?

Basically i just need my current number moved.

7 REPLIES 7

@rae wrote:

Hey all,

Thanks for all the replys.

It is acutally the reverse.

I have been using my phone for work,  and new policy states that the phone has to be within the companies account.  They are movign away from BYOD. So i would like to have the company vendor assume PM number, but i am not sure if the port will automatically trigger a cancelation here at PM.  I want to keep the PM account but with a new number once the company vendor assumes my current PM number.

Not sure if this makes sense, let me know if there are anymore questions. I am not that great in explaining things.

😃

Please see my previous posting.  Unfortunately, what you're asking for cannot be done.  Once you port your current Public Mobile phone number to whatever carrier your workplace company is using, your Public Mobile account gets closed out completely.  You will not be able to reactivate it with a new phone number.  Sorry.

rae
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey all,

Thanks for all the replys.

It is acutally the reverse.

I have been using my phone for work,  and new policy states that the phone has to be within the companies account.  They are movign away from BYOD. So i would like to have the company vendor assume PM number, but i am not sure if the port will automatically trigger a cancelation here at PM.  I want to keep the PM account but with a new number once the company vendor assumes my current PM number.

Not sure if this makes sense, let me know if there are anymore questions. I am not that great in explaining things.

😃

@rae wrote:

I was wondering if i do a port of a number, can i keep my public mobile account just with a new number?

Basically i just need my current number moved.

If you are porting another into your existing Public Mobile account, you will keep your same plan, services, account, balance, and online self-serve login.  You will lose the original Public Mobile number.

If you are saying that you want to port your phone number out from Public Mobile to another carrier, but then somehow keep your Public Mobile service and account, sorry, that's not possible.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
You can port and keep the same plan or change your plan as well. But you won't be able to get freedom mobile promo. To get that specific promo you have to activate new line with porting freedom mobile number at the same time. But if you like your current plan or switching to other plan except freedom promo sure you can change plan or port your number to pm.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Mana
Mayor / Maire
If you are porting in from freedom mobile, you may want to look into he promo for Freedom mobile customers.

To take advantage to that promo, you will have to activate a new line and port in your freedom number at the time of activation.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@rae, so you currently have a PM account with a new number and you want to port in another number to this existing account?  Yes you can do that with your same account.  As stated you will lose the number that you currently have with Public Mobile.  Also when you port your number out from the other provider that account will be closed.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Yes you can, when i signed up with PM I picked a temp number, and then ported over my real number from Koodo. You will just lose your current PM phone #, and the account where you are porting your number from will close 

Need Help? Let's chat.