cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ported from rogers

poeticjustice73
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ported from rogers and still cant receive incoming calls and text, but can make outgoing calls 

13 REPLIES 13

@smartin wrote:

Rogers takes the longest to port over to another operator. Normal times for port overs are around 30 min to 1 hour.

I would hardly consider that to be the longest, and it sounds about the same as any other wireless provider.  When I came from Wind Mobile, the number porting took 32 minutes.  In the past, I went from Mobilicity to Wind and it took about 45 minutes.  It used to be that Wind Mobile used to always take exactly 3.5 hours, but things have changed since then.

smartin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Rogers takes the longest to port over to another operator. Normal times for port overs are around 30 min to 1 hour. During that time your line is working only one way - you can call but cannot be reached. As soon as the port is finalized, you receive a welcome message and sometimes it is required to restart the phone to complete the entire process.

wilts
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ported 4 phones from Rogers. 3 Went perfect.  1 had a problem.  All were removed from the Roger account.  I pm'd a mod and they fixed this issue. Took a day on the one.  After that now issues. If you have not pm'd and admin, do and they will assist you.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wilts wrote:

I hade the same problem when I came from rogers over a year ago.

Pm a moderator.

@poeticjustice73 in the meantime, you should contact Rogers right away and get your account reactivated (if possible) temporarily.  The account at the previous carrier has to be active and in good standing in order to complete a port successfully.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

wilts
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I hade the same problem when I came from rogers over a year ago.

Pm a moderator.

curious_di

if you deactivated your rogers account before porting the number, you may lose your previous phone number, if you ported the number while your rogers account is still active, i don't see any issue. if that's the case, pm the moderator team..

@poeticjustice73 wrote:

rogers account no longer active

@poeticjustice73 wrote:

its already been  5 days

It sounds like you have a partially completed port. You definitly want to send a messge to the mods to fix this for you. Click this to send them a message. Remember to give a full description of your issue with as much detail and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number so they don’t send you a message back asking for more details.

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT) 

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

poeticjustice73

poeticjustice73

curious_di

does your rogers account show that your number has left the plan?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@poeticjustice73

After 5 days, your port is stuck.

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

poeticjustice73

its already been  5 days

curious_di

I was ported from rogers as well, 3 lines. It took about 30-50min to complete the porting process for each line. 

Need Help? Let's chat.