cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: ported from rogers

@wilts wrote:

I hade the same problem when I came from rogers over a year ago.

Pm a moderator.

@poeticjustice73 in the meantime, you should contact Rogers right away and get your account reactivated (if possible) temporarily.  The account at the previous carrier has to be active and in good standing in order to complete a port successfully.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ported 4 phones from Rogers. 3 Went perfect.  1 had a problem.  All were removed from the Roger account.  I pm'd a mod and they fixed this issue. Took a day on the one.  After that now issues. If you have not pm'd and admin, do and they will assist you.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Rogers takes the longest to port over to another operator. Normal times for port overs are around 30 min to 1 hour. During that time your line is working only one way - you can call but cannot be reached. As soon as the port is finalized, you receive a welcome message and sometimes it is required to restart the phone to complete the entire process.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@smartin wrote:

Rogers takes the longest to port over to another operator. Normal times for port overs are around 30 min to 1 hour.

I would hardly consider that to be the longest, and it sounds about the same as any other wireless provider.  When I came from Wind Mobile, the number porting took 32 minutes.  In the past, I went from Mobilicity to Wind and it took about 45 minutes.  It used to be that Wind Mobile used to always take exactly 3.5 hours, but things have changed since then.