cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan inquiry

tracy1971
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1) if I sign up for the $20 unlimited international  texting and then do a 200 canada wide add on for $8.  If i don't use all the minutes, do they roll over to the next month?

2) Can I do auto pay for the $20 every 30 days and add the add on minutes only when I need them.

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tracy1971 wrote:

1) if I sign up for the $20 unlimited international  texting and then do a 200 canada wide add on for $8.  If i don't use all the minutes, do they roll over to the next month?

2) Can I do auto pay for the $20 every 30 days and add the add on minutes only when I need them.

@tracy1971 I'm going to summarize for you:

1) unused long distance minutes do "rollover" (stay on your account until fully used up), however, what you are proposing will not work because you cannot use the long distance add-on minutes if you have "no talk" in your plan.  You MUST have at least province-wide talk (OR be on the $10 plan).

2) yes the add-ons are a completely separate purchase and do not automatically renew, neither at your plan renewal date nor when the minutes are used up; BUT,  see my note in point 1 becuase the minutes will be useless to you without talk in your plan.

BONUS 3) you didn't ask about this, but since it has come up in the subsequent replies to your questions, I'll clarify that the caveat noted for the long distance minutes does not apply to data add-ons.  You can used these with or without having data in your base plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Shutdown, that is incorrect, a data add-on can be used without a data base plan.

You are correct that add-on LD require a base talk plan.

@Shutdown wrote:

You need a call plan to use the long dist min and they last forever till you use them up or port out of PM. Same with extra data but you need a data plan for that too.

Nope, data add-on will work on a plan without any data. 

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You need a call plan to use the long dist min and they last forever till you use them up or port out of PM. Same with extra data but you need a data plan for that too.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yes for both.

1. When you go to the Plans page and scroll down to "Add-Ons", you'll see "In Canada Long Distance Add-Ons: Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle."
  2. Autopay is ONLY for the plan, not for addons.
Need Help? Let's chat.