cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone not calling or receiving

fhvivb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I  am not able to make or receive calls.  I have minutes on my usage.  I cannot call voicemail.  when i dial on my iPhone, it says call failed.  When I try to call my cell, it goes to "leave a message" but I don't hear the ringing on the phone.The bars beside Public Mobile at the top are blank.

Thanks 

fhciVB

12 REPLIES 12

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@fhvivb wrote:

thanks, removing the SIM and replacing it worked.

Thanks for letting us know what worked.  Glad it's sorted for you:)

fhvivb

thanks, removing the SIM and replacing it worked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fhvivb wrote:

I  am not able to make or receive calls.  I have minutes on my usage.  I cannot call voicemail.  when i dial on my iPhone, it says call failed.  When I try to call my cell, it goes to "leave a message" but I don't hear the ringing on the phone.The bars beside Public Mobile at the top are blank.

Thanks 

fhciVB

Can you try the SIM in another phone?

There's a known problem with one of the iPhone antenna's. iirc 6

Also, two things to try:
1. The lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@fhvivb wrote:

texting also sems not to be working other than iMessage

This is what I have.

This plan includes: -
- 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes
- 250 MB at 3G speed
- Unlimited International Text

100 minutes are outgoing, so make sure you haven't used up all your outgoing minutes?

Your overview page should show how minutes you have remaining from the 100 minutes, I believe under the 'my add-ons section'.  If you don't see it there then you have used up all your minutes and would need to purchase $5/500 Canada wide minutes that stay on your account until used up.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@fhvivb wrote:

Thanks.  I do have minutes on my overview.

You could try the network reset as suggested earlier.

You can also try removing/re-inserting your SIM and rebooting too.

If nothing works then contact SIMon via the ? bubble bottom right of your screen and he will submit a ticket to the moderators for you.

fhvivb

texting also sems not to be working other than iMessage

This is what I have.

This plan includes: -
- 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes
- 250 MB at 3G speed
- Unlimited International Text

fhvivb

Thanks.  I do have minutes on my overview.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@fhvivb wrote:

Thanks 

fhciVB

Are you on a $10 plan with limited outgoing calling ?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Does texting work? Sure sounds like you ran out of calling minutes.If you did, consider purchasing the 500 min for $5 add on. It's a great value and a great safety net for this type of situation. It won't expire, so if you run out at any time, this add on will kick in.

fhvivb

Thanks.  Does this reset everything?  Will I have to re-enter information regarding wi fi...

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@fhvivb wrote:

Thanks 

fhciVB

Does your overview page in self serve show you still have minutes left in your plan?  If you don't see that line, then you have used up all your minutes.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Try resetting your network connection

1. Touch Settings.
  2. Scroll to and touch General.
  3. Scroll to and touch Reset.
  4. Touch Reset Network Settings.
  5. Touch Reset Network Settings.
  6. The iPhone will reboot. Once it turns on, the default network settings will be restored.

Also you call your number and get voice mail press star sign it should allow you to log into your voicemail with your code.

Need Help? Let's chat.