cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: outgoing messages to 474663

how to block or disable? can you go a little bit details?

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What worked for me was a complete reset of my iphone 4S we inherited from a friend... which probably dealt with root casuse like iCloud or Messages.

Probably overkill but it cleared up the texts to 474663.... which BTW spells "iphone" (check it out!).

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No other message were sent to this number after the initial setup so I guess it's only an icloud thing going on.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My usage also shows outgoing messages to 474663. I certainly didn't send them but if it's an app, which one? Googled 474663 short code and found nothing

Mayor / Maire

Yes it was the same for me.B8DF4AE5-3F30-46B3-9BB7-B4926F812B18.png.. @21purplemiles don’t worry everything will be fine after a few of them..I didn’t do nothing special but they stopped. ...you can write a message to the moderator...here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and explain what happened... they will help you...not for stop them now but they can give you a credit for them... if you have the 10$ plan with just 50 texts outgoing included...

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@21purplemiles wrote:

My usage also shows outgoing messages to 474663. I certainly didn't send them but if it's an app, which one? Googled 474663 short code and found nothing

@Lieux wrote:

Yes it was the same for me... @21purplemiles don’t worry everything will be fine after a few of them... you can write a message to the moderator...here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage

And write moderator_team in send to and explain what happened... they will help you...not for stop them but they can give you a credit for them... if you have the 10$ plan with 50 texts outgoing included...

Like I posted above, 474663 spells iPHONE.... so the iPhone is doing something in the background. For me, it never stopped on its own. I took drastic measures to fix it because I would not figure out what in iOS was triggerring it, maybe iCloud related but could not solve it. Resetting the phone worked for me. Not sure if something less drastic will work.