cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outgoing messages to 474663

xenophh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I was checking the usage history, I saw a lot of messages sent to number 474663. Some of them happened at very similar time. However, I didn't make any of these messages and I could see them in the phone history. What are these outgoing texts for?

30 REPLIES 30

It also spells "GPhone" 😁

@Korth wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-do-i-stop-iphone-from-sending-tex...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Why-474663-count-Outgoing-text/td-...

It's apparently just something iPhones do. It apparently just stops happening after a while.

Apple apparently hasn't commented about this. Apparently nobody else knows why the texts happen or how to stop them. Even the xda devs have just shrugged it away.

These messages won't cost anything on any plan with unlimited texts. Every plan currently offered by PM has unlimited texts.

Odd that this would occur with Android. As I pointed out in this thread, 47466

LITERALLY spells out 'iPhone' on your dialpad.

As for being free, not everyone has the newer plans. Some still have legacy plans where text is limited, so it a concern for at least those customers.

As I pointed out in my case, this was resolved by simply resetting the iPhone to default settings and restoring a backup.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-do-i-stop-iphone-from-sending-tex...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Why-474663-count-Outgoing-text/td-...

It's apparently just something iPhones do. It apparently just stops happening after a while.

Apple apparently hasn't commented about this. Apparently nobody else knows why the texts happen or how to stop them. Even the xda devs have just shrugged it away.

These messages won't cost anything on any plan with unlimited texts. Every plan currently offered by PM has unlimited texts.

These messages won't cost anything in terms of "privacy" and "security". Because iPhones are already locked into whatever versions of those ideas Apple has provided.

You can use apps to block all radio traffic (at least after you jailbreak/root) but on iPhones it's all-or-nothing, you can't block items selectively.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Buffalodon wrote:

I talked to someone with an  Android phone who was having the same issues so not just iPhones.

@Buffalodon this is quite impossible, unless they somehow have a super-secret leaked test build of iMessage for Android.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Buffalodon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I talked to someone with an  Android phone who was having the same issues so not just iPhones.

@21purplemiles wrote:

My usage also shows outgoing messages to 474663. I certainly didn't send them but if it's an app, which one? Googled 474663 short code and found nothing

@Lieux wrote:

Yes it was the same for me... @21purplemiles don’t worry everything will be fine after a few of them... you can write a message to the moderator...here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage

And write moderator_team in send to and explain what happened... they will help you...not for stop them but they can give you a credit for them... if you have the 10$ plan with 50 texts outgoing included...

Like I posted above, 474663 spells iPHONE.... so the iPhone is doing something in the background. For me, it never stopped on its own. I took drastic measures to fix it because I would not figure out what in iOS was triggerring it, maybe iCloud related but could not solve it. Resetting the phone worked for me. Not sure if something less drastic will work.

Yes it was the same for me.B8DF4AE5-3F30-46B3-9BB7-B4926F812B18.png.. @21purplemiles don’t worry everything will be fine after a few of them..I didn’t do nothing special but they stopped. ...you can write a message to the moderator...here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and explain what happened... they will help you...not for stop them now but they can give you a credit for them... if you have the 10$ plan with just 50 texts outgoing included...

21purplemiles

My usage also shows outgoing messages to 474663. I certainly didn't send them but if it's an app, which one? Googled 474663 short code and found nothing

robac

No other message were sent to this number after the initial setup so I guess it's only an icloud thing going on.

What worked for me was a complete reset of my iphone 4S we inherited from a friend... which probably dealt with root casuse like iCloud or Messages.

Probably overkill but it cleared up the texts to 474663.... which BTW spells "iphone" (check it out!).

blueice

how to block or disable? can you go a little bit details?

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you tried disabling I cloud?

blueice

I have the same issue. any one can provide a detail solution?

ElleBee83
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@robac wrote:

Hi,

I had the same issue when I switched from Videotron to Public Mobile, there were 14 messages sent to 474663 in about 5 minutes when I activated my Public Mobile account based on my use history on my Public Mobile account.

After doing some research, it seems it is indeed related to iCloud being setup but those message should not be considered as real text message and therefore not counted as text message but since I'm on a 50 text messages plans, it seems that they are indeed counted in my total since it say that I have used 14/50 of my monthly limit.

I haven't seen any more text message being sent to that number since then.

Is there any official info from a Public Mobile agent to sort this out ?

@robac

any update? Seems I’m having this issue too...

robac

Hi,

I had the same issue when I switched from Videotron to Public Mobile, there were 14 messages sent to 474663 in about 5 minutes when I activated my Public Mobile account based on my use history on my Public Mobile account.

After doing some research, it seems it is indeed related to iCloud being setup but those message should not be considered as real text message and therefore not counted as text message but since I'm on a 50 text messages plans, it seems that they are indeed counted in my total since it say that I have used 14/50 of my monthly limit.

I haven't seen any more text message being sent to that number since then.

Is there any official info from a Public Mobile agent to sort this out ?

You can try blocking the number.

You can try completely disabling the text/SMS app when it's not needed (you might need a task-killer app for this on unrooted iOS devices).

You can configure all your background data and syncs to iCloud (or whatever) to only occur across wifi radio instead of cellular data.

It could be a malware.  A "black dot" or "text bomb" thing floats around from time to time, it's apparently able to force iPhones to restart, it might be even able to disrupt other things - although I'm skeptical about the panicky claims of an incoming text permanently hacking, erasing, or bricking an iPhone.

Kayfun101
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
It works shriza _k told me this or Mary on face book massager so it worked send a dummie text to my mom no duplicate with the number it's a iCloud issue wean we switched providers they had this enabled in the back ground

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kayfun101 wrote:
Ok solved it for real you need to take your iCloud off and re enter it so it does a reset from virgin mobile wean you re enter your details it should reset it so it does not show up on bill hope this helps you solve the issue ok

@xenophh can you please try this suggestion from @Kayfun101?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kayfun101
Ok solved it for real you need to take your iCloud off and re enter it so it does a reset from virgin mobile wean you re enter your details it should reset it so it does not show up on bill hope this helps you solve the issue ok

Kayfun101
I solved it its Imassage it sends data right so the most I can give you please go in to settings and go massages on the search bar and take Imassage off I remember why I did that it cost me a lot wean I got the phone lol

Kayfun101
So gonna send a dummie text to my mom here right now and see if it's there again

Kayfun101
I found it it's called a short code I sent pm a massage about it on my Facebook regarding it I do have text plus on it so might be the culprit

It's definately some sort of app

There is no charges associated with it

I suppose for troubleshooting you could list hardware type + what apps have been installed

Otherwise only other solution is to trace (but you need the physical phone to do that)

Public really has no way of looking into this 

Kayfun101

Kayfun101
It's called short code people just found it you need to tell the company or the fine lady's here I just found the same code on my bill iPhone 6 here so we're not crazy sand a pm to them I just did on Facebook pm them

Kayfun101
What is this number gonna go send a massage to pm now this needs to be looked in to

ericsan

I just switch to PM on my son iPhone5 from Virgin and I just notice that too in his usage history a lot of outgoing text to 474663

e

xenophh
This only happened after I switched over to PM. It never happened before.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Interesting

Googling this short code gives virtually nothing (a few complaints from 5 years ago)

It must be from an app installed, only thing I can think of

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I haven't heard anyone reporting this issue. So, i doubt its from Public Mobile. 

It could be some app that is doing that? or something else...

Need Help? Let's chat.