cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number change

hudson-love
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I previously changed my number without a problem when my phone was stolen. But now I'm being harrassed & would like to have it changed but it keeps failing. So fustrating

14 REPLIES 14

@stonechucker wrote:

@wetcoaster, for whatever reason, I'm unable to move or merge this post.

I'll follow up with the Public Mobile team to see why I can't.

@Luddite, are you able to merge a thread with this one?

Seems to have worked. Let me know of any posts left behind.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@wetcoaster, for whatever reason, I'm unable to move or merge this post.

I'll follow up with the Public Mobile team to see why I can't.

@Luddite, are you able to merge a thread with this one?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hudson-love wrote:

I kno. I done it once already.

But I would like to again. But it wont let me.

It keeps says it failed.

I'd even pay a fee if there was one. But It doesn't give me any other options.

As @wetcoaster  said earlier that PM only allow you change your number once per month.  You may send a private message to moderator for help.  I am not sure whether the PM system even allow moderator to change your phone number more than once per month.  But worth a try.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

But you are allowed to port in a phone number more than once per month as I ported two phone to my PM account within 2 weeks.

Buy an $1 Virgin SIM card from eBay.  Activate a Virgin prepaid plan without adding money to the account.  Then, port the Virgin number to PM.  You can ask the eBay seller to email you the Virgin SIM card number to you without waiting for the SIM card to arrive.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hudson-love wrote:

It keeps says it failed.

The first reply here has your answer.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hudson-love 

It's easy to change your numer, log in self serve and click plan & addons then click Change phone number.

This is your 2nd post of the same subject you only need to post once

See here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/number-change/m-p/330303

hudson-love

It keeps says it failed.

Same answer as your other post...check to see them...You will not have more help with 2 or 3 same posts... @hudson-love Smiley Wink

@hudson-love wrote:

I previously changed my number without a problem when my phone was stolen. But now I'm being harrassed & would like to have it changed but it keeps failing. So fustrating

Why do you post this again? The answers will be the same as in your first thread.

@stonechuckercan you merge these, please? https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/number-change/m-p/330303

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Hello @hudson-love 

If you still have problem after that you can write a message to the moderator and they will help you to change your number...here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and give them explanation of your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days...be patient.Smiley Frustrated

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hudson-love  It's easy to change your numer, log in self serve and click plan & addons then click Change phone number.

hudson-love

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hudson-love wrote:

The trick dealing with PM self-serve errors is to restart the browser with a fresh session.

Login to your self-serve account and select

Plan and Add-Ons]--> [Change Phone Number] --> [Select a new phone number]

Good luck.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@hudson-love wrote:

You can only change your number once a month.

If this is a problem with you self serve page giving you an error: log out, clear your browser cache and sign back in with a different browser and / or incognito mode. (Chrome works well for a lot of people.)

Need Help? Let's chat.