cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not working

Allen_2020
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just noticed today that I've missed several incoming calls in the last few days. My line is not working.

Does PUBLIC MOBILE have a problem these days?

21 REPLIES 21

march2019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently experiencing the same issue, not receiving all incoming calls.  It takes several attempts in order for a call to come through.  Text messaging work fine and I can make outgoing calls fine as well.

My sister, who is also on public mobile is experiencing the same issue with not receiving all incoming calls.

I have tried the suggestions to restart, airplane mode etc but none worked.  Submitted a ticket to the moderator, hopefully they can help.

GreaseMonkey
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Contact the Moderator_Team.

Let them know about the issues. Normally they will do a full refresh of your account.

Could be a minor bug. I had a similar issue with international text messaging.

This solved the problem.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Allen_2020 wrote:

I just noticed today that I've missed several incoming calls in the last few days. My line is not working.

Does PUBLIC MOBILE have a problem these days?

Your phone works with PM service until a few days ago.  Therefore, your phone is compatible with PM service. 

If you have the $15 plan, you may used all your 100 outgoing minutes.  But your unlimited incoming minutes should be working unless PM service was degraded due to the call volume during the COVID-19 physical distancing.

To determine whether the issue is PM service related or phone hardware related, please test your SIM card with another known working phone as @Dunkman suggested earlier. 

@Dunkman wrote:

@Allen_2020 

Maybe try your SIM card in another phone.  To help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

@Allen_2020  I have to 2nd @Dunkman 's advice on this one! Let us know if any of the advice given so far has helped.....

@Allen_2020 wrote:

incoming and outgoing calls are not working, message and data are working.

What plan did you subscribe to ? When is renewal date ?

You're in Canada...right ?

@Allen_2020 wrote:

@Allen_2020  if that's the case and you have an iPhone your texts are going out via data. If you can't make calls or receive them then your account is not provisioned properly or suspended. If you access selfserve and your account show active then submit a ticket to PM for help.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Allen_2020 

How did you notice that you missed the calls? Did people tell you, did you see it on your phone or did you see it in your selfserve?

Thanks

Yeah, kinda of an odd scenario, i.e. texts work both directions, and data is fine, but calls don't work in either direction..... @Allen_2020  any chance you're getting the message that outgoing calls can't be completed due to circuit overload(with some cryptic number/letter code included)?

@Allen_2020 wrote:

Did you take @Dunkman  first suggestion and cycle phone off / on ? Try airplane mode for a few minutes, then turn it back off.

Both of these suggestions have proved valuable in some cases like yours.

Let us know.

@Allen_2020 wrote:

@Allen_2020 

Maybe try your SIM card in another phone.  To help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

@Allen_2020 try these tricks to reset your phone
You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5    minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

Allen_2020

@Allen_2020 wrote:

Unfortunately Public Mobile is not stable and reliable.

If it wasn't, I, for one, wouldn't still be here, and I expect you'll find that most of the folks that hang out on these forums would also bail if it wasn't.

@Allen_2020  around that time, there was a problem between the Telus and Rogers telecommunication families with calls from the Rogers family (Rogers, Fido and Chatr) being dropped. This was a Rogers problem and I believe they have since rectified it. Is it possible that these were the calls dropped?

@Allen_2020 

Public mobile uses Telus and Bell Network across Canada.  It should be fine for most people.  However, in some cases, Rogers/Fido network may be better in your area.  

If the above suggestions don't help, you may want to contact moderator to see whether they can fix things from their end.  

Otherwise, you may want to return back to Rogers/Fido network.  

Allen_2020

iPhone 6S

Allen_2020

Text message and data are working but I've missed several incoming calls from March 19. I didn't have this long disconnection with FIDO plan. Unfortunately Public Mobile is not stable and reliable.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Allen_2020 Turn off your phone, wait for a bit and turn on. PM also can do something from their side by restarting your account, and it can solve some issues. To do so, you need to contact a moderator: click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions (give as much info as possible) OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Allen_2020 are the calls going directly to voicemail? What is the make and model of your phone? Thanks. 

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Allen_2020  "Line is not working" is a rather general statement..... can you call out, can you send & receive texts, and can you access data?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Allen_2020 

Our lines seem to working fine.  

Does your text and data work fine?  

Maybe try rebooting phone.  Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

Need Help? Let's chat.