cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls and can't send texts

Louch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm very sure the issue is cause i still have to cancel my landline with bell and once that happens all is well... i can call out but no one can call me and i receive texts but can't send them. 

3 REPLIES 3

@darlicious wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

@Louch wrote:

I'm very sure the issue is cause i still have to cancel my landline with bell and once that happens all is well... i can call out but no one can call me and i receive texts but can't send them. 

Do not cancel the landline! Your number is being ported. Landlines can take a few business days to complete. They often want to win you back so they wait until they can call you and when you refuse, they release it. Sometimes it just gets released after a few days even without a call.

Landlines can take 3 days to port...you may be able to speed things up depending who you are porting from....?

@Psygineer wrote:

@Louch wrote:

Do not cancel the landline! Your number is being ported. Landlines can take a few business days to complete. They often want to win you back so they wait until they can call you and when you refuse, they release it. Sometimes it just gets released after a few days even without a call.

Landlines can take 3 days to port...

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Louch wrote:

Do not cancel the landline! Your number is being ported. Your landline will still get your incoming calls. Landlines can take a few business days to complete. They often want to win you back so they wait until they can call you and when you refuse, they release it. Sometimes it just gets released after a few days even without a call. Once the number ports over, the account it was attached to should close automatically.

Need Help? Let's chat.