cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service

searl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently stopped getting any service from public mobile,  I thought maybe it was my phone, but then took my sim card out and put it in a friends phone and they had no service either.  The top shows full service to public mobile,  but can't send or receive texts can't google, just get the spinning wheel of death.  I'm currently waiting for a mod to help me with this, but has anyone else had this issue.  It's obviously the sim card but do they have a refresh button on their end to fix it or does I just need a new sim ?  

42 REPLIES 42

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GinYVR  Can you explain why it would be a bad thing for her to buy another Sim to activate it and have service in the meantime since she needs a phone and there is a several day delay for a response from moderators. 

Most people can't realistically be without phone services for days on end.

@goldilockWait for the moderators.. that's realistically what she can do.

goldilock

@GinYVR  So what is she supposed to do? She said the Sim card didn't work in someone else's phone so it's clearly not a problem with the phone but the Sim card?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@searl wrote:

ok so if i do this, will i have to restart my auto pay and all that other stuff again?  I just made a payment is why I am asking,  don't want to have to start that over again?  

No. They're methods to kick-start the service. Some report not getting all rewards but that's secondary to not having service.

@goldilockI would not recommend buying a SIM card as the SIM card is just a container for the idenitier and encryption keys to the users account. If it is a provisioning problem, a new SIM card would not help.

goldilock

@searl  Sounds like you probably need to buy a new sim card. Here is the link below for a store locator, or you can purchase a public mobile sim on amazon or order one on the public mobile website. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator

searl

tried that didnt work,  took out sim and tried in different phone that i know works it didn't work in that either?

searl

ok so if i do this, will i have to restart my auto pay and all that other stuff again?  I just made a payment is why I am asking,  don't want to have to start that over again?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@searl wrote:

It shows active, and I can call 611, and it gives me the options to stop auto pay, add ad ons, etc,  just like if I had service

Two things to try:
1. Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

Edit: ninja'd

@searlTry the Lost/Found trick or give $1 to your account via selfserve.

searl

It shows active, and I can call 611, and it gives me the options to stop auto pay, add ad ons, etc,  just like if I had service

Anonymous
Not applicable

@searl wrote:

I recently stopped getting any service from public mobile,  I thought maybe it was my phone, but then took my sim card out and put it in a friends phone and they had no service either.  The top shows full service to public mobile,  but can't send or receive texts can't google, just get the spinning wheel of death.  I'm currently waiting for a mod to help me with this, but has anyone else had this issue.  It's obviously the sim card but do they have a refresh button on their end to fix it or does I just need a new sim ?  

Can you log in to your self-serve? Does it say Active?

Can you call 611? Does it just ask for money right away or do you get options for other actions?

Need Help? Let's chat.