cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: no incoming call

I received this reply (just a few hours after I submitted it - thank  you!) from one of the mods regarding calls not coming in - people were receiving a recorded message "6UC1 The number is not in service":

I took a look into your account and I can see that it is in fact active, but the port did not go through. The reason why is because your old service provider is not active. In this case, there are 2 options:

1) you can contact your old service provider and have them reactivate the account for porting purposes

2) we can cancel the port request and assign a new number to you.

So now I have to call Bell and see if they'll reactivate my account to complete the port.. I don't have a lot of hope in that.

-AL1941

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AL1941 you cancelled your Bell account?  Well yeah, that'll definitely be a problem.  As soon as you cancel your account you can no longer port your number.

@AL1941 wrote:

So now I have to call Bell and see if they'll reactivate my account to complete the port.. I don't have a lot of hope in that.

Why would that be an issue?  You wouldn't even have to tell Bell that you are reactivating just for the sake of porting out. You can just say "you changed your mind about cancelling", which is actually the truth.  You don't have to tell Bell how long you intened to keep the line active; just don't take on any new committments/contracts.   Phone companies can very easily reactivate cancelled phone line services, especially if you haven't ported out and just originally cancelled by calling in.  Just make sure your Bell service is up an running again, and then after that, request that Public Mobile port your Bell phone number in.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@clavije wrote:

again all this noise and PM is this and that , when it was user fault

just my 2 cents( i used to be a mod on different forums )if people will pay attention to what they do 2/3 of this complaints wont be here

Yeah I can definitely see how this is a helpful and informative post! 

Users are definitely at fault for being charged for declined transactions, random service disconnections, and overall lack of support from Public Mobile.  

Mayor / Maire

Users are at fault for a lot of the failed ports. I guess you have trouble understanding that.

Nobody has denied that PM has a lot of issues that are caused by bugs lots of bugs. Yes the credit card one is a crappy bug, but take a little personal responsibility. Even Dave has admitted plenty of mistakes. @nyall

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Moving-forward-together/m-p/105074#U1050...
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To all of the users that are still having issues with the incomplete port. Telus communications involving porting is making their way to calling individual users to help facilitate this quicker. Hang in there and wait for that call. I received my phone call today and the representative was very friendly and helpful.

Best of luck! 

Mayor / Maire

I've been hearing more and more about these calls. I love hearing that. Smiley Happy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

2 hours ago i ported number from chatr to pm.I have no incoming call.but outgoing and data working flowless.

phone number:

thanks

Mayor / Maire

@samjacob143

Please edit your post asap. This is a public forum and all your personal information is accessible to anyone in the world.

Assuming all the information you used in the porting form checks out, port-ins can take seconds or several hours.

If it's not resolved by tomorrow morning you need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your details and they can request to port in your number from their end.  

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as PM account number and PIN, ChatR account number and PIN, phone number, problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...