Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retraité / Retired

Re: no incoming call

Hey @stevezhu07

Please refer to my private messages Smiley Happy

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all I need your help also regarding the same issue about incoming calls yesterday evening around 7 PM I change from wind to public and no incoming calls still as of this morning please help
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bobarshi please send a message to one of the moderators, with all the information mentioned in this thread - they'll be able to help you out.  But be patient, as they are currently extremely overwhelmed with support requests.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @bobarshi

I'm really sorry you've been having issues with your port Robot Frustrated

I called our port team and they told me your port did not go through because you provided an IMEI that was invalid. Could you send me your Wind account number in a private message so I can resubmit the port?

Thank you! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Mayor / Maire

There's people who have been waiting weeks @Saray_O try and find them in these threads and help them PLEASE

Hi @Saray_O

I have sent you the private message in the morning as per ur instructions. please forward to the department you were talking about the Porting problem. thank you

Hello don't want to be too pushy or anything but the reason why i did changeover from Wind to Public was that I will be able to get better service.

I am unable to get any incoming calls and that is so important for me and I noticed on the forum this is a big issue here and this should get done as soon as possible.

I have many many people that I was going to refer because it was a very good plan and only have five more days left and I don't think I'm going to make it because it has past two days now that my incoming calls have not been fixed.

It would be nice to see you this issue resolved I have private message it would be nice to see you this issue I have private messaged two mods with the info they require for wind account number and phone number.

Thanks

Good morning all moderators:

This had become very big concern for me that I have no incoming calls and we use this as a primary number for our small inhouse daycare. we really need this number porting incoming fixed as soon as possible I did not imagine that I will have to go through so much problems I was expecting this from another but not from Public now I am stuck. I have checked over and over again the IMEI number is correct.

I have provided to mods with the information you require please fix this morning thank you.

@bobarshi wrote:

This had become very big concern for me that I have no incoming calls and we use this as a primary number for our small inhouse daycare. we really need this number porting incoming fixed

When there is a porting error, it is actually the old carrier that rejects the request and returns an error code.  I understand that you'd like more timely responses from Public Mobile staff, and that's fully understandable.

As for the IMEI being incorrect or not, I strongly believe that the IMEI and PIN should almost never be used.  Just the account number is almost always best.

This is why:

-PINs can be forgotten and can also be changed by the customer or customer service

-IMEI numbers can also change because people can use multiple different phones in a short period of time;  also, the IMEI of the most recent phone used might not actually be the IMEI the carrier has on record; sometimes IMEI on the packaging won't always match that of the phone itself

but,  the old carrier's account number is always constant, cannot be changed, and there's no guessing or memorization to factor in. 

When porting, it is always best to only provide 1 of the above following pieces of verification information for porting. Including more than 1 of the above actually increases the risk of a failed number porting.

The above was really just for anyone planning to port in in general, but this next part is specific to your situation. Sicne you need your incoming calls to work for business purposes, please re-instert your Wind sim card into your phone for now.  Until the porting process is complete, your Wind service is supposed to keep working.  When people are trying to call you, those calls should be still ringing at the Wind end.

Thank you for reply. I dd what you said by inserting the old wind sim card and incoming is working. Now i just wait for the port to be forwareded.