cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no incoming call

stevezhu07
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I just transferred my fido number to pm 4 hrs ago. But can't get incoming calls. I can make phone call and receive text msg. LTE works. When I call my number the fido phone rings. Any one have an idea how to fix that? Thank you
43 REPLIES 43

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @bobarshi

I'm really sorry you've been having issues with your port Robot Frustrated

I called our port team and they told me your port did not go through because you provided an IMEI that was invalid. Could you send me your Wind account number in a private message so I can resubmit the port?

Thank you! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

WearySky

@bobarshi please send a message to one of the moderators, with all the information mentioned in this thread - they'll be able to help you out.  But be patient, as they are currently extremely overwhelmed with support requests.

bobarshi
Hello all I need your help also regarding the same issue about incoming calls yesterday evening around 7 PM I change from wind to public and no incoming calls still as of this morning please help

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @stevezhu07

Please refer to my private messages 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

JaK

Hi @WearySky

The "don't do that" comment was mainly directed at the messaging anyone with a PM by their name... Agreed, if still not working then should get a moderator to look at it.

WearySky

@JaK wrote:

No, don't do that. There are only a certain few PM staffers who's specific job it is to help with these type of issues, not everyone with a PM beside their name. I had already tagged one above, so they are already notified, you don't need to send them a message as well.

That's all covered in this posting: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

Well, they'll still need @stevezhu07's phone number, so a PM will be required at some point.

Having said that - 4 hours isn't at all uncommon for a port completion.  I've heard of ports taking even longer.  But if it's still not working now, a day later, there's definitely some issue.

stevezhu07
Is your old phone still working?

Duc80
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported around 3 hours ago and have the exact same issues with no incoming calls. Which moderator can assist me with this problem. 

I have my old account number if that helps thanks. 

**Please disregard message, I am getting incoming calls now thanks. 

JaK

@Andy1000 wrote:

Hi

Don't worry much about your Fido bill, they will only charge for the days your was still active, even if you paid your bill you will get a credit from them, unless you are on pay as you go.

in the main time you need to contact one of PM community staff to fix this for you, look for any user with PM beside the name and send a private message.

No, don't do that. There are only a certain few PM staffers who's specific job it is to help with these type of issues, not everyone with a PM beside their name. I had already tagged one above, so they are already notified, you don't need to send them a message as well.

That's all covered in this posting: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

Andy1000
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi

Don't worry much about your Fido bill, they will only charge for the days your was still active, even if you paid your bill you will get a credit from them, unless you are on pay as you go.

in the main time you need to contact one of PM community staff to fix this for you, look for any user with PM beside the name and send a private message.

JaK

A moderator is still on for another hour tonight, hopefully they get to your issue. It not, they are back online 9 ET tomorrow morning, and will surely get to it then.

stevezhu07
yes I did reboot my phone a couple times. Same issue. My Fido billing cycle ends tomorrow night. Hope it can be transferred by then, otherwise I may get two bills next time.

JaK

Hi @stevezhu07;

Sounds like a partially completed port, sometimes ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along. @Mary_M, can you take a look?

Also, have you tried power cycling the phone? Sometimes that is needed to properly sync the sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.