cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

no incoming call

I just transferred my fido number to pm 4 hrs ago. But can't get incoming calls. I can make phone call and receive text msg. LTE works. When I call my number the fido phone rings. Any one have an idea how to fix that? Thank you
Tags (1)
JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: no incoming call

Hi @stevezhu07;

Sounds like a partially completed port, sometimes ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along. @Mary_M, can you take a look?

Also, have you tried power cycling the phone? Sometimes that is needed to properly sync the sim.

yes I did reboot my phone a couple times. Same issue. My Fido billing cycle ends tomorrow night. Hope it can be transferred by then, otherwise I may get two bills next time.
JaK

A moderator is still on for another hour tonight, hopefully they get to your issue. It not, they are back online 9 ET tomorrow morning, and will surely get to it then.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi

Don't worry much about your Fido bill, they will only charge for the days your was still active, even if you paid your bill you will get a credit from them, unless you are on pay as you go.

in the main time you need to contact one of PM community staff to fix this for you, look for any user with PM beside the name and send a private message.

JaK

@Andy1000 wrote:

Hi

Don't worry much about your Fido bill, they will only charge for the days your was still active, even if you paid your bill you will get a credit from them, unless you are on pay as you go.

in the main time you need to contact one of PM community staff to fix this for you, look for any user with PM beside the name and send a private message.

No, don't do that. There are only a certain few PM staffers who's specific job it is to help with these type of issues, not everyone with a PM beside their name. I had already tagged one above, so they are already notified, you don't need to send them a message as well.

That's all covered in this posting: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported around 3 hours ago and have the exact same issues with no incoming calls. Which moderator can assist me with this problem. 

I have my old account number if that helps thanks. 

**Please disregard message, I am getting incoming calls now thanks. 

Is your old phone still working?

@JaK wrote:

No, don't do that. There are only a certain few PM staffers who's specific job it is to help with these type of issues, not everyone with a PM beside their name. I had already tagged one above, so they are already notified, you don't need to send them a message as well.

That's all covered in this posting: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

Well, they'll still need @stevezhu07's phone number, so a PM will be required at some point.

Having said that - 4 hours isn't at all uncommon for a port completion.  I've heard of ports taking even longer.  But if it's still not working now, a day later, there's definitely some issue.

JaK

Hi @WearySky

The "don't do that" comment was mainly directed at the messaging anyone with a PM by their name... Agreed, if still not working then should get a moderator to look at it.