cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no incoming call

stevezhu07
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I just transferred my fido number to pm 4 hrs ago. But can't get incoming calls. I can make phone call and receive text msg. LTE works. When I call my number the fido phone rings. Any one have an idea how to fix that? Thank you
43 REPLIES 43

@terramod wrote:

Hi, just got ported from Fido an hour ago and don't have incoming calls to my Sony Xperia Z2 phone.

How do I get help?  Much appreciated!

Be patient the port can take several hours. If you still can't receive any calls tomorrow write a private message to the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 they will help you with that. Be patient waiting time is up to 2 days.

terramod
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, just got ported from Fido an hour ago and don't have incoming calls to my Sony Xperia Z2 phone.

How do I get help?  Much appreciated!

@samjacob143 wrote:

2 hours ago i ported number from chatr to pm.I have no incoming call.but outgoing and data working flowless.

phone number:

thanks

Since it really hasn't been that long, your number port may still process fine.  CWTA says to expect wireless number portability to finish within 2.5 hours under normal circumstances.

The symptoms that you are reporting are 100% normall for a number port that has not yet completed.  Unfortunately, those symptoms are also normal for a number port that has failed.

I would would a couple more hours before assuming that your number transfer has failed.  In the meantime, I would contact Chatr customer service and ask for your account number (if you haven't already).  Public Mobile's moderators (employees) will ask for that to resubmit another phone number transfer request should the need arise.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@samjacob143 please remove your private info. This is a public forum.

You need to message mods to fix your port. In the meantime you can use your old sim.  Also did you call chatr to get your account number? You need that to port.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

@samjacob143

Please edit your post asap. This is a public forum and all your personal information is accessible to anyone in the world.

Assuming all the information you used in the porting form checks out, port-ins can take seconds or several hours.

If it's not resolved by tomorrow morning you need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your details and they can request to port in your number from their end.  

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as PM account number and PIN, ChatR account number and PIN, phone number, problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

samjacob143

2 hours ago i ported number from chatr to pm.I have no incoming call.but outgoing and data working flowless.

phone number:

thanks

Rockdaddy22
I've been hearing more and more about these calls. I love hearing that. 🙂

davidkangcanada

To all of the users that are still having issues with the incomplete port. Telus communications involving porting is making their way to calling individual users to help facilitate this quicker. Hang in there and wait for that call. I received my phone call today and the representative was very friendly and helpful.

Best of luck! 

Rockdaddy22
Users are at fault for a lot of the failed ports. I guess you have trouble understanding that.

Nobody has denied that PM has a lot of issues that are caused by bugs lots of bugs. Yes the credit card one is a crappy bug, but take a little personal responsibility. Even Dave has admitted plenty of mistakes. @nyall

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Moving-forward-together/m-p/105074#U1050...

nyall
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@clavije wrote:

again all this noise and PM is this and that , when it was user fault

just my 2 cents( i used to be a mod on different forums )if people will pay attention to what they do 2/3 of this complaints wont be here

Yeah I can definitely see how this is a helpful and informative post! 

Users are definitely at fault for being charged for declined transactions, random service disconnections, and overall lack of support from Public Mobile.  

davidkangcanada

@AL1941 wrote:

So now I have to call Bell and see if they'll reactivate my account to complete the port.. I don't have a lot of hope in that.

Why would that be an issue?  You wouldn't even have to tell Bell that you are reactivating just for the sake of porting out. You can just say "you changed your mind about cancelling", which is actually the truth.  You don't have to tell Bell how long you intened to keep the line active; just don't take on any new committments/contracts.   Phone companies can very easily reactivate cancelled phone line services, especially if you haven't ported out and just originally cancelled by calling in.  Just make sure your Bell service is up an running again, and then after that, request that Public Mobile port your Bell phone number in.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AL1941 you cancelled your Bell account?  Well yeah, that'll definitely be a problem.  As soon as you cancel your account you can no longer port your number.

AL1941

I received this reply (just a few hours after I submitted it - thank  you!) from one of the mods regarding calls not coming in - people were receiving a recorded message "6UC1 The number is not in service":

I took a look into your account and I can see that it is in fact active, but the port did not go through. The reason why is because your old service provider is not active. In this case, there are 2 options:

1) you can contact your old service provider and have them reactivate the account for porting purposes

2) we can cancel the port request and assign a new number to you.

So now I have to call Bell and see if they'll reactivate my account to complete the port.. I don't have a lot of hope in that.

-AL1941

Rockdaddy22
🤐

clavije
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

again all this noise and PM is this and that , when it was user fault

just my 2 cents( i used to be a mod on different forums )if people will pay attention to what they do 2/3 of this complaints wont be here

@davidkangcanada

I'm sorry about this! 

Both ports have failed due to the wrong account number provided, can you please send me both accounts number with Fido? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

davidkangcanada
@Shazia_K @Mary_M
This is getting ridiculous. It's been 8 days and I still have no response. My Fido bill is renewing in 2 days and I want it get rid of it and fully port my wife and I.

Rockdaddy22
You should expect a reply anytime now. I'm extremely sorry for the long wait and I'm really sorry you feel you might've made a mistake. Let's tag @Shazia_K and @Mary_M, they're extremely busy but hopefully they can look into your issues tomorrow.

They're getting some extra help
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Moving-forward-together/m-p/105074#U1050...

VenomGT

I have already send multiple messages to PB MOD's but no reply since Monday and my phone still does not accept incomming calls or SMS.

"Public Mobile" please hire help to get over this hurdle. This is a big problem for me...with smaller childeren I need to be sure that I can be reached in an emergency. I signed up so many people to Public Mobile and starting to think that I made a mistake. Please help ASAP.

jamallb91

I'm having the same issue. Ported my number over from Wing 4 days ago. I PM'd one of the Mods, hoping to get some service soon..

davidkangcanada
@Mary_M Hi, can you please help with my failed port?Both my wife and I are having issues.

Rockdaddy22
It's definitely a failed port, you'll need to contact a mod

davidkangcanada

Hello,

I am having the same issue, I ported my number last night and have not been receiving phone calls all day, even restarting the phone. 

Please help.

bobarshi

Thank you for reply. I dd what you said by inserting the old wind sim card and incoming is working. Now i just wait for the port to be forwareded.

@bobarshi wrote:

This had become very big concern for me that I have no incoming calls and we use this as a primary number for our small inhouse daycare. we really need this number porting incoming fixed

When there is a porting error, it is actually the old carrier that rejects the request and returns an error code.  I understand that you'd like more timely responses from Public Mobile staff, and that's fully understandable.

As for the IMEI being incorrect or not, I strongly believe that the IMEI and PIN should almost never be used.  Just the account number is almost always best.

This is why:

-PINs can be forgotten and can also be changed by the customer or customer service

-IMEI numbers can also change because people can use multiple different phones in a short period of time;  also, the IMEI of the most recent phone used might not actually be the IMEI the carrier has on record; sometimes IMEI on the packaging won't always match that of the phone itself

but,  the old carrier's account number is always constant, cannot be changed, and there's no guessing or memorization to factor in. 

When porting, it is always best to only provide 1 of the above following pieces of verification information for porting. Including more than 1 of the above actually increases the risk of a failed number porting.

The above was really just for anyone planning to port in in general, but this next part is specific to your situation. Sicne you need your incoming calls to work for business purposes, please re-instert your Wind sim card into your phone for now.  Until the porting process is complete, your Wind service is supposed to keep working.  When people are trying to call you, those calls should be still ringing at the Wind end.

bobarshi
Good morning all moderators:

This had become very big concern for me that I have no incoming calls and we use this as a primary number for our small inhouse daycare. we really need this number porting incoming fixed as soon as possible I did not imagine that I will have to go through so much problems I was expecting this from another but not from Public now I am stuck. I have checked over and over again the IMEI number is correct.

I have provided to mods with the information you require please fix this morning thank you.

bobarshi
Hello don't want to be too pushy or anything but the reason why i did changeover from Wind to Public was that I will be able to get better service.

I am unable to get any incoming calls and that is so important for me and I noticed on the forum this is a big issue here and this should get done as soon as possible.

I have many many people that I was going to refer because it was a very good plan and only have five more days left and I don't think I'm going to make it because it has past two days now that my incoming calls have not been fixed.

It would be nice to see you this issue resolved I have private message it would be nice to see you this issue I have private messaged two mods with the info they require for wind account number and phone number.

Thanks

bobarshi
Hi @Saray_O

I have sent you the private message in the morning as per ur instructions. please forward to the department you were talking about the Porting problem. thank you

Rockdaddy22
There's people who have been waiting weeks @Saray_O try and find them in these threads and help them PLEASE
Need Help? Let's chat.