cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no data after renewal last night

codyb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

anyone else having no data? Last night at midnight plan renewed, calling/texting is working but no data. Even in the account screen it does show that I am on the 8 gig unlimted plan but where it would say data usages typically is just says "you don't have a data plan" p- or something to that effect. Reached out to a mod 5 hours ago, still no word back. Mods still work daily or every other day?

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@codyb wrote:

for some reason last month, the system ended my plan early, the rep "force" started it with a manual override which made the data date not line up with with texting/calling date. All straightened out now. I am happy. 🙂

Nice explanation. Glad you're happy.

I would imagine it wasn't unique as there've been all kinds of problems recently. Sounds like this was yet another part of the fallout. There've been others without data renewing.

Thanks for the update.

codyb

for some reason last month, the system ended my plan early, the rep "force" started it with a manual override which made the data date not line up with with texting/calling date. All straightened out now. I am happy. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@codyb wrote:

turns out it was a unquie-to-my-account error. All fixed and just in time so no switching was required. 🙂

Is that the party line? 🙂 Unique?

codyb

turns out it was a unquie-to-my-account error. All fixed and just in time so no switching was required. 🙂

@codyb, you absolutely can.  Go ahead and add $320 for your data.

In the meantime, it could be fixed within the hour.

But hey, if you want to go to Chatr or Lucky or even Freedom, go right ahead.  I'm just trying to tell you, others are in the same boat, and they're working to fix it.

I do understand your frustrations, and I wish there was an official update at this time.

codyb

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. Let me repeat so I can make myself perfectly clear. 

I don't care what their internal issues are. 

The solution for me is for them to press "add 1 gig of data 8 times". Simple, quick, easy, done.

I guess I could do that myself with my card and then just reverse the charges with the bank if pm themselves don't reverse the charges.

@codyb, this issue is larger than just you, and it's been seen before.  We know Public Mobile is aware of this issue (I've been in contact) and they are working on it.

As I've previously mentioned, this was a bug when 3G plans were first introduced.  I do not expect it to take too many more hours to fix this, but your service will be returned when it's figured out.

Other users are affected - and I'm sure an update will be available soon.

codyb

I am not sure if you are shutting down, quitting or whatever, I don't care what he reason. But I am heading to town right now to get a chatr sim card. This afternoon sometime I will be making the switch. I have been without data going on day 2. I need my data. It should be no effect whatsoever to simply press your button and give me 8.5 gigs of data until you fix YOUR problem. Just a easily as I paid $10 to get 200 megs, you can simply add 8 packages of 1 gig. You won't respond to any messages so i doubt you will reply to this one either, but hoping you do. 

rh66
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

12 hours lol... i am on more than 24 so far 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@codyb wrote:

anyone else having no data? Last night at midnight plan renewed, calling/texting is working but no data. Even in the account screen it does show that I am on the 8 gig unlimted plan but where it would say data usages typically is just says "you don't have a data plan" p- or something to that effect. Reached out to a mod 5 hours ago, still no word back. Mods still work daily or every other day?

@codyb, as I mentioned in another thread on this topic, there was an issue when 3G plans first came out, the data wasn't renewing.  It appears this might be happening again.

codyb

day 2... hope a mod adds 8.5 gigs of data to the account by noonish. If not, i am probably jumping ship. I have no wifi and bought the $10 200meg thing just to be able to "wait" for a reply that may never come in. My voip line is how I make money and I know i missed $70 of work yesterday and don't plan on losing $70 a day waiting for them to just quickly and easily manually add the missing data to my plan. 

codyb

messaged them at 7 this morning and still not a word back. I don't even care what the reason is nor care that they try to find out what is wrong. The ONLY thing i care about is getting the data. I had to buy a 200 meg add-on just to keep checking the empty in box while I wait for a message. I am thinking maybe hurting as a company? this is 2nd month in a row of a major screw up. Doesn't take 12 hours for someone to look at an message and manually add 8.5 gigs. 

rh66
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

yup exact same issue

th6VSNGSFA.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@codyb wrote:

thank you for the info, i thought could handle the "online help" limitations, but finding out last couple months PM seems to be having too many issues for "online help" to keep up with. 

Oh dear. You and user @rh66. Hmm. Are we starting a new problem?

codyb

thank you for the info, i thought could handle the "online help" limitations, but finding out last couple months PM seems to be having too many issues for "online help" to keep up with. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@codyb wrote:

They're working now...and till 12.oo Am tonight....don't worry waiting time is few hours to 2 days...usually.

Monday to Friday: 8AM- midnight EST - Saturday and Sunday: 8AM- 10PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.