cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to transfer number between public mobile accounts

msyhliu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I didn’t know I can’t transfee number between public mobile accounts. I activated new sim and new account set up and paid for a plan already. My old account expires today. What can I do now? 

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@msyhliu wrote:

Life lesson it is. Activating a new account for my mom since I will be getting a work phone thought I would transfer my number to her. Since that won’t work I guess she will get one of those new area code numbers. 

Oh. Just put your SIM into her phone. Since you're getting a work phone. Or let her use your phone.

msyhliu

Life lesson it is. Activating a new account for my mom since I will be getting a work phone thought I would transfer my number to her. Since that won’t work I guess she will get one of those new area code numbers. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@msyhliu wrote:

Since it was in error is there anyway the other plan can be refunded? 

The new one or the old one?

If old, remove any payment card and let it expire. After 3 months it will disappear completely. Along with any value left.

If new, I doubt it. Life learning lesson. 🙂

Edit: @msyhliu: let the old one suspend. In 85 days, change plan to the $15 one and pay up and reactivate for a month. Then in another 90 days your promo account will be over and you can retire it and then re-up the original with whatever plan you want.

The risk there is whether you're currently on a promo/grandfathered on the old account. if so then just pay that in the first 85 days.

@msyhliu wrote:

Public Moible generally doesn't offer refunds.For that new account just activated, do you need to keep that number? The best you could possibly hope for would be to apply the payment to yur older Public Mobile account and for them to close out the new account. Public Mobile doesn't have to do this though.

msyhliu

@Dunkman wrote:

@msyhliu 

Not able to port PM number to PM number.  

If you really want your original PM number, you will need to port to a different company and then port back to your new PM account.  There will be additional costs involved with that option, since you have to pay for another company's SIM card and the first month payment.  Maybe Lucky mobile?

I can see that being done if someone wants to take advantage of a new customer promotion.

However, if it's purely for the purpose of wanting the plan on the other account, and vice-versa, this can't be done.

@msyhliu If you need to keep both phone numbers and both Public Mobile accounts, what you ask isn't achievalbe. Once your port out a number from one Public Mobile account, that account gets closed.  Public Mobile will not help with this request and will not move numbers internally from one account to the other. The idea of porting out and then back in to the other account only works if you're okay with losing one of the phone numbers.

msyhliu

Is that the only way out of this? I can’t transfer my plan from the other account to this one some how? 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@msyhliu 

Not able to port PM number to PM number.  

If you really want your original PM number, you will need to port to a different company and then port back to your new PM account.  There will be additional costs involved with that option, since you have to pay for another company's SIM card and the first month payment.  Maybe Lucky mobile?

Need Help? Let's chat.