cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my daughter just reactivated her phone and now her iphone is saying her data is capped

thechunkyknot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello there

I just reactivated  my daughter's iphone on April 1st she had data then. with in a couple of days her phone is saying her data is capped. Now she has no data. Can anyoneplease tell me what is going on? ty 

10 REPLIES 10

ramizsyed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

did you check her plan? does her plan include enough data to not be used just by downloadin g couple of apps. for example @PM lowest data plan has only 250mb limit.

@thechunkyknot wrote:

She forgot to make her payment  so her  plan was suspended. So once we made her payment her service was reactivated.

So you are saying she got no data after just renewing her plan? If yes, log in to her self-serve account and see if the plan detail shows data. Also make sure data is available to use. If you don't see that, you might need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team and they will get in touch with you shortly.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@thechunkyknot 

Sign into selfserve..look in the box that says data and addons..see if there is anything showing

thechunkyknot

She forgot to make her payment  so her  plan was suspended. So once we made her payment her service was reactivated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thechunkyknot wrote:

But this is a new reactivation how can she use it all up. when does these plans renew then. I thought your data automaticallty renews when you reactivate your phone.

What do you mean "new reactivation"? Was it suspended and then after a while renewed?

Yes of course plan data would reset on renewal.

What plan are you on?

Maybe you had a data add-on which got used up and then it disappears.

Metal1967

@thechunkyknot 

On the overview page does it show any data available?

thechunkyknot

But this is a new reactivation how can she use it all up. when does these plans renew then. I thought your data automaticallty renews when you reactivate your phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thechunkyknot wrote:

Hello there

I just reactivated  my daughter's iphone on April 1st she had data then. with in a couple of days her phone is saying her data is capped. Now she has no data. Can anyoneplease tell me what is going on? ty 

She likely used it all. Phone OS updates, app updates, downloading stuff, HD videos etc.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@thechunkyknot Check the data usage on her iphone and see where she used it all. You can also login to her self-serve account and see the usage. If she has Wi-Fi assist enabled, data sometimes get used when you are on a weak wifi. 

Metal1967

@thechunkyknot 

Go into the phones settings and change it...it sounds like a phone setting..nothing to do with PM

Need Help? Let's chat.