cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@modetator_team

ssservicefminc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

When trying to customize the last 4 digits of my phone number it kept saying error. I selected any number to start the account for now. Now that i'm all setup is there a way to customize my phone number? I would like to have xxx-xxx-xxxx. Is this possible?

Thank you.

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

5 REPLIES 5

emad
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When you activate a new account, You have the option to customize the last for digits of when selecting your number, after that, you can't customize your number.

You can change your number once every 30 days.

To get a customize number you need to contact modetator_team.

@slash407 wrote:

cant customize a number, u get whatever the generator displays, u can rerun the generator at a later date but that is all

@slash407Not true, you have the option to customize the last for digits of when selecting your number via selfserve.

@ssservicefminc wrote:

Hello,

When trying to customize the last 4 digits of my phone number it kept saying error. I selected any number to start the account for now. Now that i'm all setup is there a way to customize my phone number? I would like to have xxx-xxx-xxxx. Is this possible?

Thank you.

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

The only way to get the exact last 4 digits is to ask a moderator.  RobertQC has provided instructions on how to contact them.  As for the area code and first 3 digits after that, this is only possible if that block of numbers is assignable by Public Mobile.  Carriers can only assign phone numbers that are allocated to them.

If that phone number is an an old phone number that you had before, you can only transfer that specific phone number to Public Mobile if it is still active at a another carrier and if it is assigned to you.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@ssservicefminc wrote:

Hello,

When trying to customize the last 4 digits of my phone number it kept saying error. I selected any number to start the account for now. Now that i'm all setup is there a way to customize my phone number? I would like to have ***. Is this possible?

Thank you.

@ssservicefminc  You should remove your phone number this is a public place.

Use this link to send a message to the moderator team.I am under the impression you have to wait 30 days to change your number after selecting a new number when activating, when the time limit is up (or if the first selection doesnt count) you can do it yourself in your self serve account.

You can change your phone number yourself (once per 30 days maximum)

• Select "Plans and Add-ons"
  • Select "Change Phone Number"

Please see this post on how to change your phone number if you have any difficulty

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/How-can-I-change-my-phone-number/td-p/1599...

Remember you cannot select your home province independently of your assigned phone number.  Your home province is selected when you change your number, and is defined by your area code.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ssservicefminc wrote:

Hello,

Thank you.

@ssservicefminc I think you need to wait for 30 days before you can change your number.

Need Help? Let's chat.