cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile data won't work

cndlinda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Help needed! I cannot access my mobile date. I have a Sky Devices Pro Selfie and it is not on the list of phones. It is not 4G compatible and I can't seem to be able to switch it to 3G. I am also unable to add or change APN settings.

5 REPLIES 5

cndlinda

Thank you SO MUCH! I tried with my Roam Mobility SIM card and it worked.

@cndlindaAlso do note on most phones with 2 SIM cards slots. Certain slot can only do certain things. eg some phones 1 SIM card can only access 2G, the other slot can access 3G.. you might want to reference your phone's manual to clarify. Especially for phones which is not designed for North American use natively.

@cndlindaWalmart kiosks or Public Mobile is not responsible for you getting your device working on the network, that's probably why they don't ask.

Here is what I had found using the search bar above.. Good luck.

cndlinda

I bought my SIM card at a Walmart kiosk and wasn't asked the type of phone I had.
I do have a Roam mobility SIM card and I have room for two SIM cards in my device. Could you give me instructions please? Thank you 🙂

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@cndlindaIt depends on your technical skills, other people had experience by putting in a Roam mobility SIM card and be able to edit the APN for Public Mobile use. If you are not too confident.. take your phone to your neigbhourhood cellphone repair shop.. they have the computers and the most importantly the skills and being right there to do it for you for a minimal amount.

Since your phone is not capable of LTE, I think it is probably default to 3G in operation.

Public Mobile is lowest tier of the Telus brand. In the Terms of Service, they do expect the subscriber to provider their own compatible and working devices.

Need Help? Let's chat.