cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merging old deactivated account with new account

dolomite
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it possible to get an old account deactivated and then merge it with ur new existing account.

11 REPLIES 11

@zblackma wrote:

@computergeek541  Since, getting the old address back isn't a problem now given the welcome back promotion. Why was the solution given by @dolomite removed? What was the reasoning behind that? Thanks.

My reasoning was given previously. Public Mobile made a point of telling Oracles that this isn't an option and to direct customers not to ask for this. Until Public Mobile retracts that or actively promotes that they will, this isn't officially an option.

Additional information added during edit:

I have double checked and confirmed this and the information that was given by Public Mobile is that Oracles were asked to let customers know that this isn't a possibility and that tickets should not be submitted requesting this. This information came directly from Public Mobile in an official capacity.

@computergeek541  That isn't correct. A number can't be ported back into an old account that has been deactivated. Once an account has been closed, it can't be re-opened.

maybe I read the OPs question wrong...? it seems as though @dolomite has the old account still active, but they wanted to deactivate it and then merge with their current account. 

my suggestion only works with the old account still active. let me rephrase it better..

the OP could port out their current number to a different provider. which deactivates the current account. then port back the number that they just ported out, to the old account the OP wanted to merge.

this is the closest thing I could think of to merging two accounts. 

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541  Since, getting the old address back isn't a problem now given the welcome back promotion. Why was the solution given by @dolomite removed? What was the reasoning behind that? Thanks.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@dolomite 

Please don't deactivate the old account, if it's suspended for 90 days it's give forever and nothing can bring it back

You lose everything on it.

You can change the number, you can port in a new number, you can change email name address, transfer it to other people, even sell it but for any of it, account must be active

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@dolomite 

quick question, why do you want to merge an old account? Maybe we can help you with a different solution to your problem rather then trying to figure out how to merge an account. 

thanks and have an awesome day!

@gblackma wrote:

@computergeek541 , maybe its a lucky email address,  or its convenient for @dolomite  to use it. If its possible to get it. What's the problem? And if its a waste of moderator time, they were interjecting themselves all over the boards looking for stuff to do yesterday. Stay safe. 

At one point, Public Mobile went out of their way to tell people that e-mail address were not reusable and that it's something that couldn't/wouldn't be reset.

@computergeek541 , maybe its a lucky email address,  or its convenient for @dolomite  to use it. If its possible to get it. What's the problem? And if its a waste of moderator time, they were interjecting themselves all over the boards looking for stuff to do yesterday. Stay safe. 

@zblackma wrote:

@dolomite if its about the email address you may be able to get it back by contacting the moderators about it. 

When it comes to the e-mail address, at one point, Public Mobile was telling customers that that it just wasn't possible to re-use an e-mail address.  I do realize that things may have changed since a recent promotion that required a cusotmer to sign back up using the same e-mail address as before.

@dolomite 

When the old account was closed, all rewards were permanently lost. As such, there would be be no reason for such a merge.

@gpixel wrote:

@dolomite is t this so you can transfer your rewards from your old account? from my understanding this can't be done.

what you could do is port out your number then port it back to your old account

@gpixel 

That isn't correct. A number can't be ported back into an old account that has been deactivated. Once an account has been closed, it can't be re-opened.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dolomite if its about the email address you may be able to get it back by contacting the moderators about it. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@dolomite is t this so you can transfer your rewards from your old account? from my understanding this can't be done.

what you could do is port out your number then port it back to your old account

Need Help? Let's chat.