Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost my sim

mayanksharma819
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi ijust lost my number i want to reactive same number on new sim

22 REPLIES 22

@AE_Collector wrote:

My wife keeps threatening to call them here as well....

About all those phones, no doubt? 😉 

My wife keeps threatening to call them here as well....

AE_Collector

@CannonFodder  The canadian pickers would have a heyday in my house.

I sent the working Magnavox I bought off a friend in 1992 off to recycling 2 years ago. I kept my VCR....you never know when you might want to watch a classic movie like...behind the green door

Can I borrow your 8 track player to listen to some old tapes?

i only finally gave up on the hope that my last crt tv would die of old age (it wouldn't) a few months ago and sent it off to recycling.

AE_Collector

@darlicious  If you keep some of that stuff around much longer, the American Pickers guys might want to visit you! 😜 

@AE_Collector  I wouldnt want to deplete your collection!  Since the noughties.....ive had no accidental swims. The LG I inherited had the screen go all "snowy" in colours one day after 5 years so I had to go out and buy the Galaxy A3 in late 2017 and other than a couple hairline cracks on the screen ( by guess who?) Its still in great shape....i take care of my purchases or gifts. My blender and food processor are broaching 30 years,  my CRT tv with built in DVD player only died two years ago, sewing machine over 25, microwave at least 20 and I have a whole slew of SLR cameras if only film wasn't so expensive and almost obsolete!

Even though I am currently operating with a broken iPad screen, a cracked laptop screen and a "gone dark" iPhone screen (so back to my old Android), I have yet to lose or break a phone. The screen went black for no apparent reason on the iPhone so looking to open it up soon.

I have a box of  old cell phones I could send @darlicious to use as decoys.

AE_Collector

OMG, the @darlicious  household, where cell phones go to die, or at least attempt to die, just like yesterday's lemmings pic .🤣 

@CannonFodder  Officially the husband never lost a cell phone in the six years he was with us and we owned a cell phone however in that time I did have one drop out of my back pocket as I got up....and it dropped in a bc ferries toilet. I hesitated for half a second then saved it, turned it off and rice bagged it when I got home and 3 days later it was good as new. I also knocked one into a freshly poured kettle of boiling water "ice bucket" that was keeping our bottle of sake hot. Another 3 second panic hesitation and I rescued that one too.....the only cell phone I didn't save was the one that appeared at the bottom of a sink of soaking dishes after I finished washing them and I was fishing around for any missed cutlery and I found it.....that bath was just too long!

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@totalUser wrote:

Did you lose your old sim or did you lose the number (account and all)

Yup, yet another person looking for help, that can't be bothered to post something reasonably clear..... the thread is titled, "lost my sim", yet in the 1st post, the OP says, "I just lost my number"..... not exactly clear what was meant. 😕  The title left me wondering just how you go about losing your SIM..... take the SIM out of the phone for some reason, & accidentally drop it in the toilet, JUST as you hit the flush.....

@CannonFodder  You know accidently dropped in the toilet is a thing....my late partner leaned over to flush and just at that moment his phone slid out of his top pocket of his Surrey dinner jacket and hit the water at the same time as the flush.....bye bye phone!

I'm startin' to think that the prerequisite for anybody to be a partner/BF/hubby of @darlicious  is that you HAVE TO have a predisposition for losing your cell phone!!! 🤣 

@darlicious 

A co-worker had been trying to pry a newer phone out of the company for what seemed like forever. Finally he got it and leaned over a pool FOUR DAYS later at which point he went back to his old phone yet again....

AE_Collector

@CannonFodder wrote:

@totalUser wrote:

Yup, yet another person looking for help, that can't be bothered to post something reasonably clear..... the thread is titled, "lost my sim", yet in the 1st post, the OP says, "I just lost my number"..... not exactly clear what was meant. 😕  The title left me wondering just how you go about losing your SIM..... take the SIM out of the phone for some reason, & accidentally drop it in the toilet, JUST as you hit the flush.....

@CannonFodder  You know accidently dropped in the toilet is a thing....my late partner leaned over to flush and just at that moment his phone slid out of his top pocket of his Surrey dinner jacket and hit the water at the same time as the flush.....bye bye phone!

@CannonFodder 

Not a list SIM but I dropped an SD card with all my month long trip pictures on it on the floor if a train in England once! And I Found it again very hastily! It popped out of my camera unbeknownst to me except I heard a funny noise and investigated. Could have been a total disaster because my camera had enough built in internal memory to take maybe a dozen pictures so I could have been off the train before getting the Memory Full message that would have triggered further investigation.

AE_Collector 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@mayanksharma819 Go to your self-service account and select "Change SIM card" option. Then, you can use your new sim with your old number. 

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @mayanksharma819  Perhaps you lost both your sim and your phone number? If your account was left suspended for 90 days, your account is now closed. You'll need to get a new sim, new account (with new email) and new number.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mayanksharma819 

Did you have your account suspended or inactive for more then 90days??

If yes, unfortunately the number is gone and account is disabled.

@totalUser wrote:

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@mayanksharma819 

Can you help us a bit by explaining 'i just lost my number:

If you are trying to port a number to public mobile your account with previous provider must be active. I've heard that if it is Telus or Koodo service, you may be luckier

Thanks

Welcome to public mobile

PS they have sim in sale here for $5, today is the last day, if you need sim now would be best time to get it

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

If is the first, you have great advices right above my response.

If it's the second one, I'm not sure how long it takes for number to be available. Definitely less than two months, I managed to catch the number for my friend actually and it was more than a month but less than two months after she accidentally lost it playing with 'change number' option. If it's public mobile number it is definitely doable (at least while you are in quarantine). Was it public mobile number?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mayanksharma819  did you lose your phone? Immediately log into your self-service account and place your phone on lost / stolen. This immediately stops the service on your phone. (my plans and additions - lost / stolen phone). And should stop the illegal porting of your number.
If the phone isn't found, ask PM to place it on the national blacklist.
 If you find your phone, or get a new phone and a replacement Sim: For both, take the phone off of lost/ stolen.
1. For the recovered phone, restart it.
2. New SIM and phone
1. use the plan and add ons - change sim card feature to change your service over to it.
2. Insert the SIM into your new phone and Start it up.

See screenshot

20200325_014121.jpg

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mayanksharma819  Access your selfserve account online and select the change SIM card option. Enter the new sim number and you should be good to go.

Need Help? Let's chat.