cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost SIM/ordering new SIM

kelleyc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I lost my SIM card while travelling overseas and I'm wondering if I order a new one and register it to my account whether I can keep my current plan and phone number? 

6 REPLIES 6

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @HJS_MTL

Please, view the private message sent to you yesterday and we'll be more than happy to help 🙂 

HJS_MTL

great, but running into same old problem again...old email, new email- same issue- password or usere id is rejected..try to reset password, only get to step one, and am then told I'm locked out!!!!???? WTF???? CAN'T GET INTO ACCOUNT TO DO ANYTHING!!!!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HJS_MTL you replied to a solved thread that's been dormant for a month and a half, a lot of people probably didn't even look.

Sign into your self-serve account, go to Plans and Add-ons tab, then Change SIM card, and type in the new card number to activate it.  

If you run into any difficulties along the way, here's how to get help:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

HJS_MTL

HELLO????? ANYBODY OUT THERE???? HELPPPP!!!!!!

HJS_MTL

Hi, I'm going through the same thing...lost my iPhone 5s, with Public mobile sim...been member /client since August, 2014. I've been having trouble accessing account for last year or so, and again now, so changed my dot mac email: h_j_s@ma.com to more officious Bell one: hjsmtl@bell.net. I found another 5s- love the size, dimensions, and speed is more than adequate. Getting iPhone X next month, because of fantastic camera... will be ablle toditch Nikon DSLR, and just stick with lighter Sony Alpha for Pro, more serious work. When clients insist, etc. Now seem to be in community, for first time, but still can't seem to activate sim! Help!!! Either email will do, but prefer Bell account. Easier to set up on multiple devices, platforms. Mercy buckets!!! 😉

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Definitely! Once you receive the new SIM, log into self serve and change the SIM card on file with your new SIM card number and you will have your current plan and number back.

Need Help? Let's chat.