cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: issues with Public Mobile.. again!

@Ted, have you looked at your usage information for the SMS/MMS counter?  This will detail each SMS sent (origin and destination numbers included).

Also, if your SMS messages are longer than the limit (I believe 160 characters), the count increases as it counts as 2 or more messages for each 160 (I believe) until complete.

Ted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi and thanks for the reply,

yes i checked the log on my phone's side, and i checked with my friend, everything is normal, no duplicated messages etc..

and just for the record, yup! you are tottally right, when writing big messages, it counts as 2 messages, thus why my messages where short for testing.

thanks for your reply, from here i think i will just write directly to a mod to see if he/she can see what went wrong so that i can atleast get back my lost messages.

have a good one.

Mayor / Maire

@Ted

Attitude doesn't help the getting help part.

Their logs would be the same as what you would see in the logs as above.

The counters have all been combed over multiple times by multiple customers and each time proves that the counters are accurate. It's good to keep an eye on them of course but lean more towards "why is it saying that" as opposed to "it shouldn't say that".

Call minutes round up to the next minute. Texts are divided into 160 character chunks and counted. Data is rounded up to the nearest 10KB.

Mayor / Maire

@Ted wrote:

hi and thanks for the reply,

yes i checked the log on my phone's side, and i checked with my friend, everything is normal, no duplicated messages etc..

@Ted checking your phone is helpful but doesn't give the full story.  Please sign into your self-serve account and go to your usage history and have a look at the SMS events.  That should give you a better indication of what PM is seeing on their side.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.