cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues with Public Mobile.. again!

Ted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello everyone,

in the last couple of days i noticed my text messages where going down way faster then before while i am using less then before. So yesterday i decided to make a clear test to make sure, here's what happenned in my test: yesterday i had used 26text messages out of 50, so today i open the internet browser on the public mobile page to check the data usage correctly, while the screen is in front of me, i text 3 times to my friend, and boum, now its 49/50!

i hope to get answers fast because i dont find it fun at all! the first time i had issues with Public Mobile, they solved it correctly but it took more then a week! hopefully this time will be faster because last time i had an issue, i had to loose more then 15$ unused just to be able to reach public mobile 's website, and i will not do the same again!

today, is the last day i give my trust to Public Mobile, hopefully i wont be desapointed. 

Moderators: looks at my last few bills, notice the difference? it passed from about more then 60$ per months to 10$ per month, because last time i got an issue, you guys only refunded me 50% of what i really should have received. i use to spend around 120$ per month by renewing my plans etc, and since last issue, i only take a plan of 10$ per month... hopefully this one will get solved fast or i wont ever add more then 10$ per month anymore.

to resume: had used 26/50 text, and when i used 3 more, it arrived at 49/50, and it cant be the incoming messages since its suppose to be unlimited ! ... i am not even trying to get a refund, i just want to get back all the texts unused, i should have atleast 20 text left! not only 1 !

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ted wrote:

hi and thanks for the reply,

yes i checked the log on my phone's side, and i checked with my friend, everything is normal, no duplicated messages etc..

@Ted checking your phone is helpful but doesn't give the full story.  Please sign into your self-serve account and go to your usage history and have a look at the SMS events.  That should give you a better indication of what PM is seeing on their side.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ted

Attitude doesn't help the getting help part.

Their logs would be the same as what you would see in the logs as above.

The counters have all been combed over multiple times by multiple customers and each time proves that the counters are accurate. It's good to keep an eye on them of course but lean more towards "why is it saying that" as opposed to "it shouldn't say that".

Call minutes round up to the next minute. Texts are divided into 160 character chunks and counted. Data is rounded up to the nearest 10KB.

Ted

hi and thanks for the reply,

yes i checked the log on my phone's side, and i checked with my friend, everything is normal, no duplicated messages etc..

and just for the record, yup! you are tottally right, when writing big messages, it counts as 2 messages, thus why my messages where short for testing.

thanks for your reply, from here i think i will just write directly to a mod to see if he/she can see what went wrong so that i can atleast get back my lost messages.

have a good one.

@Ted, have you looked at your usage information for the SMS/MMS counter?  This will detail each SMS sent (origin and destination numbers included).

Also, if your SMS messages are longer than the limit (I believe 160 characters), the count increases as it counts as 2 or more messages for each 160 (I believe) until complete.

Ted

anddd again, people dont read the entire post but still act like smart asses 😛

as i said: i made the test of sending 3 text to the same friend yesterday, and about 5 minutes later, on public mobile it was showing that i used 49/50 . i am pretty sure mods could get the logs and see there was no more message sent.

..some people wanna help..some just try to be funny lol.. but **bleep**, atleast read the entire post..  what i ask is help from a mod to check into the issue, they can probably see with the logs that no more messages have been sent or received (even if received, its unlimited ingoing..)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous thank God for digital media!  No more snap crackle pop or skipping.  🙂

And the hipsters have made a huge revival of vinyl. Crazy! For all those reasons plus the care and attention required to play the darn things.

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

I have one of those broken records too...

@Anonymous thank God for digital media!  No more snap crackle pop or skipping.  🙂

I like your idea too, though it does contradict with my other soapbox opinion (okay, I actually have many) that all talk should be Canada-wide (ideally at no extra cost compared to the current province-wide offerings--much like they are today on the 30 day plans that include a "3G" speed data option).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

Alright I'm sure I sound like a broken record here but PM should never have introduced a metered texting plan in 2018, especially limited to a paltry 50 outbound.  There's no reason people should be sitting around tracking their sent texts, these things cost next to nothing for the carriers to deliver.  To make matters worse, there's no way to augment via add-on once you run out.  They should have just made it a $12 or $15 plan and included unlimited texting in either direction as well as 50 talk mins (which can then be augmented with LD min add-on if you run out).  

I have one of those broken records too...pull back the Canada-wide to provincial and make it unlimited texting...for $10. Then the LD add-ons can be used to more effect. Either that or have texting add-ons.

srlawren

Alright I'm sure I sound like a broken record here but PM should never have introduced a metered texting plan in 2018, especially limited to a paltry 50 outbound.  There's no reason people should be sitting around tracking their sent texts, these things cost next to nothing for the carriers to deliver.  To make matters worse, there's no way to augment via add-on once you run out.  They should have just made it a $12 or $15 plan and included unlimited texting in either direction as well as 50 talk mins (which can then be augmented with LD min add-on if you run out).  

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

The texts that you received were for the 474663 @Ted ? If yes it's because you have an iphone..and it happened for all with iphone....don't worry it will stop...and you can ask the moderator for a credit...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage

moderator_team in SEND TO...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ted

Yes this is about certainly an issue with your phone and not Public Mobile.

As above, what make/model/os is your phone?

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ted

See if any of your recipients have gotten repeat messages. Also check if you are sending to multiple recipients. Last thing worth testing is the messages/app. Some devices come with third party stuff that may or may not cause undo usage. 

Mod contact page: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage

mimmo

What number are the ghost sms going to?

It's probably your phone trying to access visual voicemail.

What phone are you using?

Need Help? Let's chat.