cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there any way to transfer to the new 12gb plan ? i renewed on Oct 16. lol

tonykung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi team,

I was wondering if there is any way to transfer my current 6gb plan to 12GB. 

This is killing me :D.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

manolid

@stonechucker wrote:

It should work fine, but as everyone has heard many times recently, there have been glitches.  Your AutoPay will go through late evening the night before your renewal, and should take the correct amount to renewal on the new plan.

Yeah, that's what I was kind of worried about. Maybe I'll add the payment amount to my account before renewal just to play it safe.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No, that was a special deal for the new plans that were intoduce in Aug. There was no such offer listed for this promo plan, the only thing offered was that you could still get it on renewal if you signed up in the promo period, not that you could switch mid cycle.

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I havent tried it myself, but I was told if you renewed recently, you can message the moderator and switch over to the new plan right away.

@Aiden replied to one of my earlier posts with this:

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What happens if I sign up for a more expensive plan right before the rate plan options change? Am I able to change my plan without a penalty?

Customers who are on a 90 day plan and have used less than 45 days of service will be able to have their plan changed or credited. The chart below outlines a couple of scenarios and how Public Mobile will assist you so that you receive the best value for your money.

Scenario

Action

You are on a 90-dayplan and would like to change your plan or receive a credit for the difference

If you have used less than 45 days of service, we can either: (1) credit you the difference between your existing rate and the new rate for a plan with the same options or (2) update your existing plan to the new suite of plans. If you take advantage of the credit, it will be one time only. After then, you are expected to update your plan options to the one that best meets your needs.

Be sure to take action quickly if you want to take advantage of the new plan options.

It should work fine, but as everyone has heard many times recently, there have been glitches.  Your AutoPay will go through late evening the night before your renewal, and should take the correct amount to renewal on the new plan.

However, many find the next morning, tea they have service, or partial service, but the old plan is still listed.  If this happens to you, simply. One back to the community, and ask for help from the Mods. It happened to me when I went 30day to 90day.  I hope it doesn't do it to me when I double my data on Dec 17.

trust the system will work.  Do not attempt to fix it yourself.  Ask for help!

i hope this helps!

manolid

Stupid question... Will this also work if you have auto pay enabled?

@monster5000 @tonykung you're right guys, as long as you request the change for promo plan by November 20th, you'll get the 12GB plan when your plan renews. If you have your renewal processed now, unfortunately you'll lose what you already paid for your current plan.

If you haven't already seen it, this is the post that's generated a lot of views showing the process existing users need to follow to get the promo plan...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-to-switch-to-the-new-40-4Gb-month-plan...

monster5000

@tonykung Haha I don't think I did anything Cat Tongue

But I'm in the same boat as you. They said as long as you made the change before November 20th, you're good to go. I made the change myself and it seemed to work, even though I'm up for renewal in January. 

Cheers!

tonykung

Thanks to Monster5000's post.  I have made the change and hoped for the best. 😄

tonykung

i changed the plan in the selfservice but my next renewal will be in Jan. It was supposed to be before Dec for the change to work, right ?

Need Help? Let's chat.