Grossi15
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

19 REPLIES 19

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kaiyowrote:

wrote:

wrote:

A friend of a friend says he saw someone carrying around invasion plans. I’ve also heard rumours of Koodo spies on this forum that have been telegraphing our weak points back to the invading force. We need to be vigilante.

Who wants to take the first night watch?

John Snow here reporting for duty! 

You know nothing Jon Snow

Hahaha, ok that made me chuckle. 🙂 Thanks guys!

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

wrote:

wrote:

A friend of a friend says he saw someone carrying around invasion plans. I’ve also heard rumours of Koodo spies on this forum that have been telegraphing our weak points back to the invading force. We need to be vigilante.

You know nothing Jon Snow

As to this thread in general

It is a well known (and obvious) fact that Telus corp WANTS to push value

They even said as much in their last quarter report

A low ARPU Public prepay client getting enticed to pay more (or even same but now with a contract/tab) and going to postpaid on Koodo is basically their holy grail

They ONLY keep this brand alive to catch clients who would otherwise go to Freedom or Chatr (well and assumably Lucky now)

But they certainly want to get everyone here over to Koodo if possible

Public is only alive because Telus does not wish to lose subscribers

@stonechucker the offers seem random

I have seen long time clients get txt, and other time brand new accounts get them

They obv are looking at something but for the life of me I can't figure out what

wrote:

I have yet to EVER in my 22 months with Public Mobile, receive an offer to move.

wrote:

wrote:

@mtfolks, no need for spies to find out the weak points.  Jeremy left here to take a position with Koodo so he already knows all the weaknesses lol!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

wrote:

I would think they would be sending the message to all subscribers if they were looking to close.

I have yet to EVER in my 22 months with Public Mobile, receive an offer to move.

Yes, Legacy and Pioneer members have been faced with the offers to move, or pay more.

There is a explanation for moving the pioneer customers over.  I don't think anyone has tried to hide that fact.  As for the rest of us, we don't get nearly the same love from Koodo.

CalvinW

I've been a customer for less than a year, and got 2 offers already.

I would think they would be sending the message to all subscribers if they were looking to close.

Yes, Legacy and Pioneer members have been faced with the offers to move, or pay more.

CalvinW

I’m sure a lot of people got the text message offer to switch over to Koodo. I don’t see the reason behind pushing everyone to their sister company unless they are looking to shrink PM’s operations. In that case, we can only wait and see what is to come...

They can't be taking it over, as we've recently have had changes to the now new Plan Selector, with the option of having a pick and choose 2 or 3 as no longer the default.  Public Mobile wouldn't have dnoe this effort if the were going to be taken over.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

How can you take over something that you are already part of a bigger picture.  When your parent company owns both I wouldn't call it taking over.  If you are looking to start a rumor start something that makes sense as in Telus merging customers from PM to Koodo.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

wrote:

@NDesai Are you sure? How do we know they aren’t planning an invasion?

Where is the proof?  If none then it is a rumor.

mtfolks

@NDesai Better start arming ourselves so we can hold back the invading hoardes of Koodonians. 

@mtfolkswrote:

May be i just don't want them to.

mtfolks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Are we starting a rumor here? 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

NO.

Need Help? Let's chat.