cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone locked

TK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have an iphone 6 locked to a carrier. I wonder if there is a way to discover that carrier. The phone is factory reset, and I have no access to menus, however I know imei. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If it is a Canadian phone. just pop a friends sim into it try roger/fido/chatr, or bell/virgin.  you already ruled out telus so if one sim doenst work it is the other one.

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TK

I agree with @closng; the Apple Store might tell you but I highly doubt it.  They're pretty strict with releasing any kind of information unless you prove you bought the device from them

Options then: find ppl you know with a Rogers and Bell SIMs and try them in your device in order to figure out which one doesn't request the 'network unlock code.

The other way may be to see if there are any pre-loaded apps on the device from the carrier that can give you a clue (e.g. the 'My Rogers' app).  I say this not being an iPhone person - may be worth a shot.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TK wrote:

@ShawnC13, Thanks

If I take the phone to an apple store, could they check it for me.

@TK, I think Apple has access to that information and would be able to tell based on the IMEI but whether or not they will disclose that information to you is another question.

There are IMEI checkers online that will be able to tell you what carrier it is locked to but I am not sure how safe it would be to input your IMEI in a random online site.

If you have a friend with a Rogers/Bell SIM, you can try testing their SIMs in your phone and  using process of elimination to determine which carrier it's locked to.

TK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ShawnC13, Thanks

If I take the phone to an apple store, could they check it for me.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@TK, are you saying you don't know what carrier it is locked to?  Well we know it isn't Telus if it isn't working.  So you could try take it to a Bell or Rogers store they may unlock it for free but not having an account with them they could say wait until the 2 of Dec

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.